Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leather Retrims

Hou

Would you buy a leather retrim?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a leather retrim?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on price

Right, a mate has swapped jobs and started working for a long running business that does leather retrims, but is it sustainable? Would you buy a retrim?

Thanks guys

I guess you are just testing to see if there is a market for it, so I voted yes... there are some cracking examples out there, a lot have even been done to cars who have featured in the countries top magazines. obviously it would depend on the quality and price, but if it was right then yes.. I see no reason not to do a re-trim rather than buy a new interior.

Thanks for the votes so far, reason I ask is that I think with the recession and the credit crunch people would have better priorities then to buy leather seats!

Thanks for the votes so far, reason I ask is that I think with the recession and the credit crunch people would have better priorities then to buy leather seats!

I think you are right in what you say in that people will prioritise their available funds , the recession is far-far from over if the London cab trade is anything to go by , its dire out there right now , however government figures showed recently that the Uk economy grew by 0.3% which is better than was expected , so there's room for optimism .... JUST !!

I think you are right in what you say in that people will prioritise their available funds , the recession is far-far from over if the London cab trade is anything to go by , its dire out there right now , however government figures showed recently that the Uk economy grew by 0.3% which is better than was expected , so there's room for optimism .... JUST !!

It's lucky that all those MP's have some extra cash to splash around, Bitter not me...

It's lucky that all those MP's have some extra cash to splash around, Bitter not me...

I was in a debate regarding the expenses claims, and the MP's just got totally ruined. The local MP was there too and his face just dropped when he heard the points against him and other MP's :lol:

Too bad it was the team with big busts that won and not the team who answered the question..... :ffs:

I would go for a leather re-trim if the price was right, but I quite like cloth because it doesn't freeze your back when you first sit down on a cold winters morn'! :yes:

Don't drive in the Nunga Punga then... :P :D :lol:

Absolutely, as long as the work is as good as or better than factory.

Nothing worse than a nasty saggy ill fitting interior retrim!

If your mate's company can knock up some facelift leather seats for a corolla T-Sport with the same (or better quality) than Toyota, for a 5 door version then he can consider himself as making a sale from me!

Looks a bit Armature to me. The rear bench has lost the definition on the contours, the front seats have excess baggy material at the base of the seat back.

That is not re-upholstering, that is fitting leather seat covers.

I’d certainly not give up the day job.

The company has been going for 14 years and deals with some main dealers apparently

This yaris only had seat covers due to saving cost and the pictures were taken when it was just finished

I am not a fan of getting this done and can think of better things with the money but some people like it. The lad who has gone to work at the seat surgeons had his brand new fiesta retrimed there about 5 years ago and the finish was really good http://www.theseatsurgeons.com/metadot/index.pl?id=2175;isa=Category;op=show;sort_order=;filter=;dbfilter=make:Ford;max_rows=1;sort_column=;start_row=2#gallery I think that is it

The company has been going for 14 years and deals with some main dealers apparently

This yaris only had seat covers due to saving cost and the pictures were taken when it was just finished

I am not a fan of getting this done and can think of better things with the money but some people like it. The lad who has gone to work at the seat surgeons had his brand new fiesta retrimed there about 5 years ago and the finish was really good http://www.theseatsurgeons.com/metadot/index.pl?id=2175;isa=Category;op=show;sort_order=;filter=;dbfilter=make:Ford;max_rows=1;sort_column=;start_row=2#gallery I think that is it

Not a fan of the colour , but a pucker job none the less ,the finish looks great.

I am not a fan of getting this done and can think of better things with the money but some people like it. The lad who has gone to work at the seat surgeons had his brand new fiesta retrimed there about 5 years ago and the finish was really good http://www.theseatsu...t_row=2#gallery I think that is it

Not a fan of the colour , but a pucker job none the less ,the finish looks great.

I agree about the colour but a very nice finish thumbsup.gif

The work on the fiesta looks a lot more like I'd expect.

Marc you have PM

Apparently toyota use leather fronts with vinyl backs where as these use full leather

Thanks Hou, I sent one back at you as I'm a difficult **** at the best of times. This one has a pretty picture though :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links