Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Modifying Compressors

bamber

Is there anyone who modifies compressors?

Iv only herd of silverstone proformance and they dont do them any more.

As far as the engine goes..... youl looknig at exhaust stuff and induction. an intercooler will help you along BUT youl have to get it made up a la custom stylee as theres no direct kit available.

Smaller SC pulleys are an option but again, I believe they are a custom job. Even Silverstone Perf struggled to get them made IIRC

get an exhaust cat-back system with two backboxes (instead of the one on the original system) ;)

Thanks i will try fensport some time this week. I am planning on getting a blue flame custom exhaust (cat back) at the end ov this month as long as my pay packet will let me.

Thanks i will try fensport some time this week. I am planning on getting a blue flame custom exhaust (cat back) at the end ov this month as long as my pay packet will let me.

yeh i saving up for the blue flame job. ttcom had a garage fit him a custom job using their parts and its a winner! :D

Forget the blue flame exhaust. I guarentee it wont give that power. You want to see a fast compressor CKMAN85 and KANGZY have bullet compressors,

I drove kangzys car alot and i recently drove williams, Both spent alot of money and there cars are considerably faster than a standard t-sport and a stock compressor. I saw kangzys go from a stock compressor with a bolt on exhaust etc to a very fast car. No exhaust is going to do that.

As far as im aware the only logical solution, If you want to make considerable power from the compressor find that pulley go custom on the intercooler and drop a PFC into the equation and youll see gains.

The ogura charger which is used in the comperssor works the same way as the blitz so a front mount and some good tuning should yield results.

If you want you could do work to the engine, piper stage 2s work great with forced induction so theres an option, how bigs your wallet?

Forget the blue flame exhaust. I guarentee it wont give that power. You want to see a fast compressor CKMAN85 and KANGZY have bullet compressors,

I drove kangzys car alot and i recently drove williams, Both spent alot of money and there cars are considerably faster than a standard t-sport and a stock compressor. I saw kangzys go from a stock compressor with a bolt on exhaust etc to a very fast car. No exhaust is going to do that.

As far as im aware the only logical solution, If you want to make considerable power from the compressor find that pulley go custom on the intercooler and drop a PFC into the equation and youll see gains.

The ogura charger which is used in the comperssor works the same way as the blitz so a front mount and some good tuning should yield results.

If you want you could do work to the engine, piper stage 2s work great with forced induction so theres an option, how bigs your wallet?

whatever

I never said it would turn the compressor into a fire snorting beast, i just said it was an idea for a good modification. And it is.

I never said it would turn the compressor into a fire snorting beast, i just said it was an idea for a good modification. And it is.

trust me it is and if you want to try before you decide i will take you out so you can feel it yourself,the exhaust is reworked to take out the restriction :thumbsup: s and is the same bore all the way through ie the same size as the bore before the cat,as the standard goes to a smaller bore after the cat.

i can understand larger piping may give you more power but im sure the mentioned gain may be a bit high. Just post some vids of your set up and acceleration and most will be able to tell. I dont want to sound like a censored.gif but the OP asked about modifications and his interest was swaying to the SP upgrade which is quite a large upgrade in comparison to just a cat back. I did not say the cat back is useless as clearly it is not its just the gain in my view will no way be as significant as the sp upgrade and i pointed some options which he could possibly look into.

I have said the same to other peoples dynos and i know i come across rude but i dont wish to its just the format im typing in, naming numbers is easier than actually putting the power down. We allready have people slate our cars off for not being up to spec with other hot hatches and for us to as owners put numbers down which are relatively high from such small enhancements it shows up even worse.

I would like to see the vids of your exhaust set up and how much it is helping, you mentioned blue flame were going to offer this as a off the shelf kit, that piping diameter from the manifold backwards is the same size as a standard t-sport. i beleive 2.5" which for top end power would be a nice upgrade for any 2zz-ge owner.

piping needs to be 2.5" as above to make a difference...

but Farhan, i think you are being overly cynical...there have been rafts of dynos showing things and you even dispute the numbers they show...its not like these people are all talking butt dynos they are talking REAL dynos - for better or for worse.

i may be being cynical but put it this way.....

put ckmans against tccom with just the exhaust sytem

Remove the driver equation and which do you think will be quicker.

the exhaust alone is making more power than the whole upgrade.........

About the other dynos, yes a dyno is as accurate as displayed but look at correction factors, we make around 13% drivetrain loss.....if a said dyno measures you at 169 wheel horse power you do the math and do the equation to what the estimated flywheel figure should be.

200WHP is 230BHP roughly on our vehicles, redliner9ks 200whp at the fly is around 234BHP.

So how can 169 WHP be more than 210 bhp.....its simple maths now.

Let the pod decide!!

A car is only as fast as its Driver

Let the pod decide!!

A car is only as fast as its Driver

i think we shud just get Ricc to take all our cars down the strip and see wot he can get :-D

i think we shud just get Ricc to take all our cars down the strip and see wot he can get :-D

Honestly, ricc shouldn't be able to beat your own times in your own car if he only has 2 runs or so up the strip as each car will be different to drive. My get out clause on that is that ricc has driven my car a fair bit so he has NO EXCUSES! :D

I'd personally like to know that he can't take my car any faster than I can (although I know my car has 1 or 2 tenths left in it still).

Honestly, ricc shouldn't be able to beat your own times in your own car if he only has 2 runs or so up the strip as each car will be different to drive. My get out clause on that is that ricc has driven my car a fair bit so he has NO EXCUSES! :D

I'd personally like to know that he can't take my car any faster than I can (although I know my car has 1 or 2 tenths left in it still).

Spare wheel out, front tyre pressures down, fuel light on, Hot Track... and you'l have 15 dead

Edit: come on people back on topic!!

Edited by Uber_Luke

About the other dynos, yes a dyno is as accurate as displayed but look at correction factors, we make around 13% drivetrain loss.....if a said dyno measures you at 169 wheel horse power you do the math and do the equation to what the estimated flywheel figure should be.

you say that - but without having an engine dyno and then dyno the same engine in the car how do you know its 13%?

why would transmission losses even be a fixed % wouldnt it be a fixed figure that increases the less BHP you have and decreases (on the same car) given an increase in actual power?

so 30bhp loss when the car is at 180bhp is a larger percentage than when the car is at 230bhp i.e 16% loss at stock and 13% when tuned...?

most people agree that FWD loss will average about 15% of a cars OE output...but it could easily be 18-20% depending on the vehicle in question.

What you are saying is that either our cars come with 180bhp (fly) standard and not 187 as stated by toyota, otherwise the numbers dont match up...

Any one of you lads is just as capable as myself. Like Marc said, I'm so used to my car, its little foibles and quirks, how it responds to different inputs....... as soon as I jump into another CTS or CTS-C the rules change, I have to drive it a different way and learn what I can and can't get away with :)

I'm sure I could probably run some nice times (not necessarily 14's) in most cars, but that's not the fun bit. The fun bit is racing your mates and having a laugh over the weekend :)

However the logic of getting 1 person alone to run ALL the cars to get a more consistent picture isn't a bad one. Only it would have to be someone totally independent from anything to do with the CTS or rolla's or even the owners! Say I did all the runs, I'd have more focus and more drive when in mine than someone else's, not through a concious decision, just by sub-concious choices alone. After all, I wanna win. :D :D lol

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarp!!! *neoooown* :P

200WHP is 230BHP roughly on our vehicles, redliner9ks 200whp at the fly is around 234BHP.

as i have said a number of times but it is not gettin through compressor bhp varies from car to car who says mine started with 215bhp it could have been 225bhp,as my first comp was less than 200bhp!so a gain of 10 bhp is possible,all people asked for was a diff exhaust i have one and spread the word as people ask,thats what i thought the forum was for,not to be shoot down in flames and have the sp conversion rammed down my throat!

you say that - but without having an engine dyno and then dyno the same engine in the car how do you know its 13%?

Its a good point nick and i see where you are coming from on this, You cant accurately tell the drive train loss without doing the above as you mentioned, In respect however the average maximum and minimum losses for fwd are not far off each other. If you were losing 34% in drivetrain losses you have a major problem. Drivetrain losses are never exact there are no scientific ratios or guarenteed percentages.

Below are the ranges in which measurement of drivetrain loss percentage should be. FWD vehicles do not lose as much power through the transmission because the front wheels are driven rather than a front mounted engine needing power to transfer to the back wheels.

FWD: 10-15% loss <LI>RWD: 10-18% loss <LI>AWD: 17-25% loss

why would transmission losses even be a fixed % wouldnt it be a fixed figure that increases the less BHP you have and decreases (on the same car) given an increase in actual power?

The drivetrain loss is commonly measured in percentage, but it is never an exact number, only a rough estimate. The drivetrain loss is not linear and will vary based on RPM, drivetrain load, and other factors. So you must know that when we say ‘drivetrain loss’, we are really talking about a rough estimate.

so 30bhp loss when the car is at 180bhp is a larger percentage than when the car is at 230bhp i.e 16% loss at stock and 13% when tuned...?

it makes sense to refer to the drivetrain loss as a horsepower loss percentage range and not exact horsepower loss.

most people agree that FWD loss will average about 15% of a cars OE output...but it could easily be 18-20% depending on the vehicle in question, The corolla has been measured at 13% at stock. So lets take for example 190bhp as a stock flywheel figure, we take 13% drivetrain loss off, which equals 24.7bhp lost through the tranmission etc. how much WHP are we sitting on. 166WHP

190bhp with 15% drive train loss = 162WHP

190bhp with 20% drive train loss = 152WHP

Now just a pointer 20% is still quite high losses for a FWD car and very uncommon,

if we took 215bhp used the theory of saying we have higher horse power so there is more stress on the transmission that is why there is more losses

lets use 20% drivetrain loss on 215bhp for example

it would work out 183WHP

25% drive train loss is now purely in 4wd territory.....there is no way we are losing that much power through our transmissions, I would be embarrased if that was the case as it is alot of power to be losing on a FWD car yet we have no advantages of a 4WD system.

that would work out with 215bhp with 25% drive train loss = 162WHP

What you are saying is that either our cars come with 180bhp (fly) standard and not 187 as stated by toyota, otherwise the numbers dont match up...

Not at all, in general its not very likely vehicles hit the factory figure, every engine will suffer from wear as with anything the older it gets weaker the components become so its always good to know what you started off with at the very beggining.

as i have said a number of times but it is not gettin through compressor bhp varies from car to car who says mine started with 215bhp it could have been 225bhp,as my first comp was less than 200bhp!so a gain of 10 bhp is possible,all people asked for was a diff exhaust i have one and spread the word as people ask,thats what i thought the forum was for,not to be shoot down in flames and have the sp conversion rammed down my throat!

i can understand it varies and it is getting through. 25bhp is a large sum from an exhaust, If you are recommending the exhaust to people and claiming it netted you 240bhp that would be a false statement as you now actually dont know how much power your car made before the exhaust.

225BHP is again 10bhp more than what a standard compressor runs.....with no kind of noticable upgrade would the car hit 225BHP. It is well known that the compressor as standard does not hit factory figures. Yes it makes the torque but BHP rarely. Even if yours did which i will take into account 25bhp from a system is alot to advertise. Out of curiousity what was your WHP figure? and do you have a sheet to upload with your WHP figure on.

Im not having a dig bdw

i can understand it varies and it is getting through. 25bhp is a large sum from an exhaust, If you are recommending the exhaust to people and claiming it netted you 240bhp that would be a false statement as you now actually dont know how much power your car made before the exhaust.

225BHP is again 10bhp more than what a standard compressor runs.....with no kind of noticable upgrade would the car hit 225BHP. It is well known that the compressor as standard does not hit factory figures. Yes it makes the torque but BHP rarely. Even if yours did which i will take into account 25bhp from a system is alot to advertise. Out of curiousity what was your WHP figure? and do you have a sheet to upload with your WHP figure on.

Im not having a dig bdw

in other post i have said mine run 239bhp but who says the rollers are correct,what i am advertising is a good system to replace the crap standard one,which was a standard t sport one with a bleed off pipe not good and corrodes and snaps,i dont care what bhp i have as they stuck it on the r/r to see what it was running after the exhaust.yes i do have a dyno sheet but no scanner!if people want a exhaust there you go i'm not gaining anything.would be very surprised if s/p conversion is 240 bhp and the r/r is correct :yawn:

Any one of you lads is just as capable as myself. Like Marc said, I'm so used to my car, its little foibles and quirks, how it responds to different inputs....... as soon as I jump into another CTS or CTS-C the rules change, I have to drive it a different way and learn what I can and can't get away with :)

I'm sure I could probably run some nice times (not necessarily 14's) in most cars, but that's not the fun bit. The fun bit is racing your mates and having a laugh over the weekend :)

However the logic of getting 1 person alone to run ALL the cars to get a more consistent picture isn't a bad one. Only it would have to be someone totally independent from anything to do with the CTS or rolla's or even the owners! Say I did all the runs, I'd have more focus and more drive when in mine than someone else's, not through a concious decision, just by sub-concious choices alone. After all, I wanna win. :D :D lol

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarp!!! *neoooown* :P

If we all chip in can we get the stig down? Then get him drunk and find out his identity, take a photo of him and sell it to the national rags to get our money back?

just a quick one, and hope you can forgive my not knowing anything. What do you mean S/P upgrade?

Edit: I thought it refered to something i didn't know, but i take it you all mean supercharger yah?