Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maybe Buying And Mr-s

sewelly

Just testing the water, thinking about getting an Mr-s.

I will have around 5k to spend and was wondering what spec I could get for this, Year, Milage etc?

Also how much are the hard tops if I cant find one with one already?

Thanks for the info in advanced!

Thanks for the info Giddlepin.

Just another quick question: Been looking through auto trader etc and decided to defo get a Mr2 Mk3. But just a little confusion, whats the semi automatic gear box like? Can you simply explain how it works?

May sound a silly question but always had a manual and was wondering if there is much difference or should I just stick with a manual?!?

Thanks again!

Not had any dealings with the SMT or even tried one to be able to comment but as with anything mechanical things can go wrong and they can be a bit on the expensive side with this gearbox, there's a bit of info HERE that might help but I would always prefer the manual change myself.

Another thing to consider is if its an import, insurance will be more expensive, there are few if any places that can read fault codes and they don't usually have the LSD.

Thanks for the heads up. I had a Mk2 import before getting a company car so know the bains of insurance. Think ill stick with the UK version due to the ease of fault finding.

One last thing Ive heard on here that it is better to buy a face lift model after 53 plate. Is this true or will getting a 02 plate be just as safe bearing in mind the age of both of the cars?

Also how much can you get a hard top for if not already with the car?

Hope that make sense?!?!

Cheers

James

Re designed pistons came in around 2002 so the facelift model almost certainly has this modification.

Hard tops can be bought separately because people selling their cars find that you make more money selling them as a separate item and prices can vary for a hard top only at about £300 in which case you would need to get a fitting kit costing about £250 on top of that, or a complete hard top with kit from about £500+, fitting the kit is pretty straightforward.

You might find prices will increase for these as demand grows, in the eight years of ownership I have never had a hard top and the hood is still in perfect condition.

Thanks very much for all the info.

Ill keep you updated with the purchase and get some pics up soon.

:thumbsup: