Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'tiny' Laptop

Bos

I don't know if anyone can help, but here goes.

I've got a 'Tiny' brand laptop running Windows XP with a Pentium 3 processor ), as well as my desktop. ( I know its old but it is handy to use sometimes )

I replaced the jack plug last year and everything worked great until last week. Now when I try to type not all the keys function correctly.

As an example when I press the letter 'j' the number '7' appears. Press the Num Lock and the number '8' appears !

Approx 50% of the keys respond correctly. I've got AVG anti-virus running but that has found no problems !

Here's hoping........

Bos

Sounds like an easy one to me. On laptops, as they don't have a numpad like a normal keyboard due to size constraints, they overlay a numpad on the normal keys and it is activated by using a function key. On my netbook I press a key called fn and then another key along the top which has an icon of the number 1 inside a padlock. If you have something similar, try pressing (and holding) the function key and then the number key and that should turn it off and allow you to type normally.

Sounds like an easy one to me. On laptops, as they don't have a numpad like a normal keyboard due to size constraints, they overlay a numpad on the normal keys and it is activated by using a function key. On my netbook I press a key called fn and then another key along the top which has an icon of the number 1 inside a padlock. If you have something similar, try pressing (and holding) the function key and then the number key and that should turn it off and allow you to type normally.

Thanks a lot, but that did not work !

I thought at first that I had a virus that was changing my keyboard layout ( if that is possible ).

It started with one key and then slowly spread to about 50% of the keys. I now think that my keyboard is faulty.

I have run a 'Malwarebytes - Anti-Malware programme but no infections were found.

I connected my desktop keyboard to the laptop and that worked fine, to date !!!

Thanks again for your time,

Bos