Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Corolla Can Stop Internet!

Rimpson

im truely baffeled by the logic of all of this and if somebody else told me i wud think they were nuts and im full open to any and all theorys and suggestions on the matter, jokes aside.

i drive a 55 plate corolla tsport which it is totaly standard apart from an aftermarket exhaust. i have never noticed any problem at my house but there has been several ocasions where when i have gone round to a mates house and parked on the drive or on the road outside the house.

at first it was just thought to be a random internet playing up day when we couldnt seem to get the internet working over the wireless and then later that evening after i had left to go home i would find out that the wireless had started working again. but then it seemed to be happening every time i went round. so the jokey comments started about me being radioactive etc and then we thought just as a shot in the dark that it might be my car. so just out of an act of desperation and interest i moved my car off of the drive and parked it down the street. before i had even locked the car again my mate was standing at the front door saying that it was back up and running. we later found that when ever the car was on the drive the wireless would either fail to connect or would connect with limited connectivity and be unable to access the internet.

the wireless router was a BT homehub and was located in the study in the downstairs corner of the house closest to the driveway. where as at my house the router is upstairs and so futher away from my car when its parked outside.

with this still unexplained i simply just started parking down the street when ever i went round. but then more recently i was at another friends house. and as usual i parked on the driveway behind his newshape honda civic typeS. went inside and the internet all over the house went into limited connectivity and the internet became impossible to use. i wud have simpley gone out and moved my car but this house wasnt using wireless on any of the 3 PCs other than one laptop. they were all ethernet cabled to the router. so we just assumed the router had goten in a muddle and so restarted it and decided to wait for 20 mins see if anything improved. but nothing did. so again out of curiosity i went and shifted my car down the street. and yet again as soon as my car was more than 50 foot away from the router (which was also in the living room at the front of the house near the driveway, but wasnt a bthomehub this time) the internet came back on straight away.

so what the hell?

is my car a transformer?

should i be scared that my car might go walking about on its own at night p***ing off the neighbours by runing their late night !Removed! sessions?

why can it emmit some kind of energy or magical force that has the ability to not only jam wireless network signals but can also effect hardwired networks just as easily?

should i get into contact with MI6 and ask if they need it to help fight terrorism?

i feel i can now never ever sell the car as a normal unmagical car just wont compare anymore :(

any thoughts?

it might be the flux capacitor isnt connected through the ethernet hyper terminal which is located next the the WLAN card.

if not it could be that the resistance of the terminal isnt perpundicular with the diameter,

i suggest keep the labour party under lock and key.

hope this helps!! ha ha

My car used to do exactly the same thing, but then I spoke to a friend who suggested updating the drivers on my car.

So I got the latest drivers off the internet, installed it on my car, rebooted it and presto! Try that :P

EDIT: In all seriousness, have you got some kind of wireless module in your car? Maybe a bluetooth car radio or something (bluetooth operates on the same bandwidth as 802.11 b/g/n wireless, so this could potentially cause interferences). Although why the Ethernet connection failed because of your car is beyond me.

In fact, I used to have these cheap SCART to wireless signal converters where you could connect 2 SCART plugs wirelessly, and I found out that they heavily interfere with my wireless connection.

Maybe park your car and disconnect the Battery for a while and see what that does? Then you'll know if it is electronics related or not.

haha, thanks for the advice... will get doc brown on the job imediately!

and no there aint anything wireless on my car at all, like i said its bog standard bar the exhaust. has no bluetooth anything!

and its not the EMP cannon on the roof, that i use to deal with ******s in saxos, cause i turn that off when i park up :P

driver is up todate, i read a newspaper n everything

it might be the flux capacitor isnt connected through the ethernet hyper terminal which is located next the the WLAN card.

if not it could be that the resistance of the terminal isnt perpundicular with the diameter,

i suggest keep the labour party under lock and key.

hope this helps!! ha ha

Flux capacitor lol, genius! ;)

haha, thanks for the advice... will get doc brown on the job imediately!

and no there aint anything wireless on my car at all, like i said its bog standard bar the exhaust. has no bluetooth anything!

and its not the EMP cannon on the roof, that i use to deal with ******s in saxos, cause i turn that off when i park up :P

driver is up todate, i read a newspaper n everything

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Maybe MI5 have secretly fitted a tracking device to your car - we know where you are............. :lol:

any more thoughts on what the hell is up with my car?

So...................Are you trying to tell us that it was your car that is responsible for the changes to the TOC forums that we have experienced this week? :huh: ;) :lol:

its the microwave alarm in the car that does this, I had all sorts of problems with it going off because of the bluetooth on my GPS receiver.

if you try this and see if the problem still occurs:

Go round your mates house, press the interior door lock button 5-6 times until the security light flashes, lock the car. This will disable the microwave sensor.

Problem should Go away.