Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1/4 Mile Time For Corrolla 1.6 Af4e Engine

MSC_Kev

Hi all..

went down to santa pod on sunday with some friends from the MSC and went on the 1/4 mile to see what times my corrolla would run.

Still getting use to the car and just fitted my induction kit, I was aiming for low 17's.

lol my first run was on a damp track as they only just opened it after rain and I got major wheel spin right up into 3rd gear and ran a poor 18.7 lol! although many people where down on there times. I was carrying my new sub and amp in the back which I collected from a friend which is very heavy too, but I don't strip the car out as I want to see how it peforms with the additional weight and as it would be on the road.

my next two runs acheived 18.2 and 17.9 so it was coming down as I got to grip of when best to change gear.

Has anyone else got any figures to compare against with the same engine and car? also the rev counter goes right up to 8,000 rpm and goes to red just after 6,000rpm. When is best to change gear to keep in the power band?

I'm reasonably experienced on the 1/4 mile and driven some stupidly fast cars down it, but I'm sure my corrolla will be capable of low 17's. Going for exhuast system, manifold and ecu next.

doh just relised I put the wrong engine code lol it's 4a-fe

Kev

Nice one mate!!

I never took my car on the 1/4 mile when I had the 4afe in it! but my mate has a g6r with the 4afe in it and was wondering what it would do on the track he has an exhaust and airfilter so might be in the 17's

I think the redline on the 4afe was 6500 so best to change just before that :thumbsup:

ahh ok excellent....

I know it's capable of far more then as I was changing at 5,500rpm!

so even if I only pushed a further 500rpm it would bring the time down, didn't want to push it too much as I only just bought it.........honest lol!

but I will push it a bit harder next time round, although then I should have the ecu, manifold and exhaust done and possibly a quick shift.

Kev

Send me a Pm next time you are going down the pod mate me and my mates will pop down with our rolla's and give it a go too :thumbsup: we have been itching to have a bash at the pod :D :D

just on another note aswell...........

I find the gearbox ok and changes very smoothly apart from 1st into 2nd..

Difficult to put into words, but it feels very rigid and stiff and no where near as smooth as the rest of the gears. It's very easy to jurk the car and the gear change is somewhat of a challenge to get it smooth

Now I fitted the induction kit, the engine is actually quite noisy, you can almost hear the filter sucking and hissing when on the tick over, it's quite noticable outside of the car.

Kev

Send me a Pm next time you are going down the pod mate me and my mates will pop down with our rolla's and give it a go too  we have been itching to have a bash at the pod 

Yeah no worries, would be great to meet up with a few of you from here as I'm new and only just joined.

will say one thing you proccess your official membership quicker then we do over at the MSC lol ;)

Kev

just on another note aswell...........

I find the gearbox ok and changes very smoothly apart from 1st into 2nd..

Difficult to put into words, but it feels very rigid and stiff and no where near as smooth as the rest of the gears. It's very easy to jurk the car and the gear change is somewhat of a challenge to get it smooth

Now I fitted the induction kit, the engine is actually quite noisy, you can almost hear the filter sucking and hissing when on the tick over, it's quite noticable outside of the car.

Kev

The induction sound was the same on my 4afe and pete's 4afe aswell so no need to worry mate :thumbsup:

Not sure about the gears might be worth just getting it checked out :thumbsup:

ok that's good to know on the induction kit, very odd as I never had it happen on my other cars, oh well sounds great on full throttle.

Gearbox has done 55k and is still the original, didn't see an oil change for the gearbox in the history when I bought it, so know doubt that would help lol

Kev

I ran a standing 1/4 mile last year at the Jap doo at Santa Pod in 14.8 secs top spped was 89.00 mph. I think steve has still got the video in the gold area, i went against a mugen CRX and won fairly convincingly over a second I think it was!

Nick

You know what i mean :thumbsup: , i have one of those mini vans. Is there any weight difference between the 2 door and 4 door T-sport?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links