Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Forum Design

MarsKy

hi folks

blimey....what a change,erm...at the mo.....horrible,yuk,looks really old to me.bearing in mind i know nothing much about computers

i am quite shocked actually,i logged on at work today (was soooooo bored yawn.gif ) with lack of customers,i thought i would check out the forums.

and i found this had all changed,(i thought it was just our old cumputers at work gone funny) laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

it makes it look like the programme we have to use (its called kerridge),and it feels almost prehistoric to what we see on screens these days.

i do hope its work in progress,and it improves.

bearing in mind i normally just jump to rav4 section anyway thumbsup.gif

Kerridge: would that be BMW dealership ?

hi folks

blimey....what a change,erm...at the mo.....horrible,yuk,looks really old to me.bearing in mind i know nothing much about computers

i am quite shocked actually,i logged on at work today (was soooooo bored yawn.gif ) with lack of customers,i thought i would check out the forums.

and i found this had all changed,(i thought it was just our old cumputers at work gone funny) laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

it makes it look like the programme we have to use (its called kerridge),and it feels almost prehistoric to what we see on screens these days.

i do hope its work in progress,and it improves.

bearing in mind i normally just jump to rav4 section anyway thumbsup.gif

Kerridge: would that be BMW dealership ?

hi raistlin

crumbs no.....i work for 'graham,the plumbers merchants' unfortunatly,it used to be an independent called 'falcon plumbing' years ago (very very successful),in colchester.

the former owner sold it for retierement to 'jewson / graham' group,now its a shadow of its former self.

wish i could get out of it,being a c & g qualified plumber its all easy to me,but theirs no work about to earn from,so better off,off the tools these days

Just got in first I've seen of new format, Red Black + white, no complaints from most of MANCHESTER, I wouldnt have thought :yahoo: Stew

WOW!! What a change. First impressions is that I don't like it, but it may just need time to get used to it ...

Bit of a shock, thought it was a bit confusing at first but now the same as anything else thats new after a while have got used to it :yes:

Bit of a shock, thought it was a bit confusing at first but now the same as anything else thats new after a while have got used to it :yes:

I find the new format fine after a couple of initial teething problems (cheers anchorman), however I'm finding it a little difficult to read parts of the top banner due to the choice of colours. Also my log-in name and the log out button are half hidden by the 'razor wire' type band below the top menu bar. The red latest posts button is hidden under the social networking buttons.

Having been trained in HCI (human computer interaction!) I feel that the choice of colours could have been managed a little better.

Having said all that.....keep up the good work. :toast:

As a relative nubie to the site perhaps the change is not affecting me so much.

I would think midnight oil [semi-syth.?] has been burnt on this.

Thanks from me for your efforts.

Perhaps we should let the dust settle then see.

I can sum this up in one word - Crap.

I will sum you up in one word too. And I dont tolerate rudeness here.

Getting used to it now but can we have a divider between the pinned section and the general posts?

Just makes it easier to identify the latest posts.

Forgotten what the previous format looked like already - I think it's an age thing :unsure:

I'm sure the new design will grow on us all :thumbsup:

Just one quick question, I've been looking for a way to mark all forums as read. I can't seem to find a way :unsure:

All help gratefully received :D

I can sum this up in one word - Crap.

I will sum you up in one word too. And I dont tolerate rudeness here.

Well said Steve, there is no need at all. :ban:

Just one quick question, I've been looking for a way to mark all forums as read. I can't seem to find a way :unsure:

right at the bottom mate.. it is far too low, so i will add it to the todo list to bring it up to the light grey area. ;)

right at the bottom mate.. it is far too low, so i will add it to the todo list to bring it up to the light grey area. ;)

Thanks Steve :thumbsup:

Hi Steve

Any chance of making links open in a seperate window? I keep forgeting and closing the forum down after viewing a link.

Cheers

Oh dear!Oh dear!Is it just me, I am really a bit disorientated with this new format :yes: I'm sure its all very new + different, but I hadnt fully worked out the old system :help: What was wrong with it anyway? What advantage does this new format have?

A few questions if no-one minds..

1 currently viewing all posts,change threshold :help:

2 green + red +/- buttons clicked red one,,you have reached your quota of positive votes for today.. :eek: I havent voted

3 watch forum :unsure: Is this a link to Rolex?

4 reply/ multiquote..Not a clue :blink:

5 will i still get notified, IFanyone pms me? just found an improvement, bigger gap between the BBs when you are being BOLD

I have lots more, but just off before the HONDAdealers close.. :bye: Stew

PS everyone else seems to have little message symbols under TOC SUPPORTER, I haven't is thi cos i have no friends.. :crybaby::crybaby:

What was wrong with the old design? It was clear and easy to navigate, this is just the opposite, and bright red is truly ghastly. Good thing I don't have to come on here very often then. Also ther doesnt seem to be any way to change your profile, I've tried and it wont change!! Can't add avatars from computer either, all in all, very poor

What was wrong with the old design? It was clear and easy to navigate, this is just the opposite, and bright red is truly ghastly. Good thing I don't have to come on here very often then. Also ther doesnt seem to be any way to change your profile, I've tried and it wont change!! Can't add avatars from computer either, all in all, very poor

They joys with upgrading give us the users and the moderators more functions and hopefully a better experience. While it maybe a big shock seeing something different, give it some time and I'm sure the new features will start to become apparent.

What was wrong with the old design?....

My initial response last week to this thread was to give it a thumbs down. Having used it, it has definately grown on me. Everyone has different views, and the original post asked for people's opinions, I find that some of the replies have been downright rude! Come on guys, why not give constructive criticism to help improve the site?

As for the comment above (quoted) apply that logic to cars, well if we didn't have change we wouldn't driving the cars of today would we!

Phil.

Well I've waited to gain a little experience but my initial re-action has stayed with me - i.e. it's about 3 steps backwards.

It's poor layout and I've yet to find out how to go straight to the next post since I last looked at a thread.

Colours are all wrong.

Did they give it to some schoolkids to design?

The colours were chosen because they represent Toyota's corporate colours.

I don't have a problem with them, its just a design.

• Like 1

Have we lost the ability to embed a youtube video into a post? I've been trying, but cant seem to do it :wacko:

EDIT: Ignore me! I've just worked it out :rolleyes:

Steve,

how hard would it be to repeat the "RAV Forum" control to return to the main at the top of the page as well as at the bottom? It growing on me!

Scrub my last post Steve, I've found out how to do it! I'm dying to try the subscription renewal bit as I could never make it work on the previous version - gis a clue as to where it is Steve :thumbsup:

Scrub my last post Steve, I've found out how to do it! I'm dying to try the subscription renewal bit as I could never make it work on the previous version - gis a clue as to where it is Steve :thumbsup:

Try clicking on the link in my signature :thumbsup:

Can someone please tell me how I get to the PM private message section now? I have tried but just cant find it.

Cheers

Keith

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links