Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Im Furious And Have Been Ripped Off

melkuvel

I got my Brand New Toyota iq2 on 1st march 2010,

Ive had a few problems with the car that ive seen on here with those who got the first batch of cars

i had a look at the expirery date on the compressor and it was 2012 the manual says it should have a 4 year expirary date

so i rang Toyota and asked them the build date of the car my "New" car was built in December 2008 !!!!!!!

check when your car was built dont be fobbed off, we asked this before we bought the car and were fobbed off

anyway now in a living nightmare

Sadly there are thousands and thousands of all makes and models of cars lying around our country as well as stock piles of ancillary equipment fitted to cars, starters, alternators, pumps, compressors etc. This isn't an unusual situation unfortunately and I see your disappointment.

Having recently purchased a new IQ ourselves I wouldn't be surprised if there were items fitted with similar dates, this happens with all manufacturers and isn't that unusual, you have to remember that the parts haven't been run for that ammount of time and warranties will always start from the purchase date. We still think our IQ is brilliant (apart from it being a magnet for vandalism and criminal damage :( ... but that's another story)

Can you not just reject the car? You have only had it for 12 days and if you were being sold a new car (i.e. 2009/2010 model year) then the dealer has not honoured their side of the contract by supplying a 2008 car. Don't Toyota also have some sort of replace you car in the first few days if not happy scheme?

So your new car is already 15 months old! That means it would need a service (10,000 miles or 12 months which ever is sooner, with a dealer stamp in the service book)

Pity they didnt charge you December 2008 prices :angry:

iQ2 in December 2008 was £10,275.00, March 2010 it’s £10,995.78 a difference of £720.78 (on the road)

I know the Yaris is made to order and not stockpiled, pity the same cant be said for other models.

I have been in touch with Toyota and they are looking into it and will get back to me

When i ordered this car i asked on numerous occasions about the build date because i didnt want a car that had been sat there for months, we were fobbed off with this a few times and they implied the car would have only been sat around for up to 12 weeks.

I was told my car white with leather was the last available one on scrappage in the u.k, if i didnt take this car i would lose out on the scrappage because the waiting was 4 months !!

i had the car for 2 days then it had to go back in for the door seal, wheel balancing, scratched plastics, these were done, now i have more wheel balancing problems, air conditioning that occasionaly sounds like its going to explode, window seal gone again, mpg only reads 60 max and my leather seats are wrinkled, and of course the wheel compressor expires in 2012 and finally the rain sensing wipers dont work either and we have checked it with a jug of water

i will have to wait and see what toyota say, my husband has had a rather heated "debate" :!Removed!: with the rmb manager so i cant go back there , wouldnt want to anyway,

wonder if my old car has actually been scrapped yet , if i could recover it i would

i will let you know what Toyota say, i would hope they would offer a new, proper new car but im so upsett and discusted with the local rmb group that i dont think i want it now

I have been in touch with Toyota and they are looking into it and will get back to me

When i ordered this car i asked on numerous occasions about the build date because i didnt want a car that had been sat there for months, we were fobbed off with this a few times and they implied the car would have only been sat around for up to 12 weeks.

I was told my car white with leather was the last available one on scrappage in the u.k, if i didnt take this car i would lose out on the scrappage because the waiting was 4 months !!

i had the car for 2 days then it had to go back in for the door seal, wheel balancing, scratched plastics, these were done, now i have more wheel balancing problems, air conditioning that occasionaly sounds like its going to explode, window seal gone again, mpg only reads 60 max and my leather seats are wrinkled, and of course the wheel compressor expires in 2012 and finally the rain sensing wipers dont work either and we have checked it with a jug of water

i will have to wait and see what toyota say, my husband has had a rather heated "debate" :!Removed!: with the rmb manager so i cant go back there , wouldnt want to anyway,

wonder if my old car has actually been scrapped yet , if i could recover it i would

i will let you know what Toyota say, i would hope they would offer a new, proper new car but im so upsett and discusted with the local rmb group that i dont think i want it now

If you have that many faults with the car I suggest you go back and get a refund or a replacement under the 30 day money back warranty does sound like the car isnt fit for purpose.

Well roll on Monday when i can speak to other people and get some legal advice

It will also be very interesting to see how Toyota deals with this,

Even if they offer to get me the new car i originally bought what am i going to do about servicing

the 3 local garages are all owned by the same group, i don't trust them and i am embarrassed at the way they have dealt with this

so that would mean a long journey to find some other garage to do the servicing

The salesman told me they look after there own customers first and i dont doubt that now

compared to the test drive car it drives really bad, its so uncomfortable and bumpy, its sluggish and noisy especially sat in the passenger side

i have just drove my mother-in-law's new kia picanto 1.2 ( :unsure: l) it was quicker, quieter and smoother than mine !!! :crybaby:

That's outrageous. Stick to your guns & don't let another dealer get away with this sort of thing.

Ok Little update for you.

The Dealership was Totally in the wrong for passing me onto Toyota GB, Under the Sales of goods Act It is the seller, not the manufacturer, who is responsible if goods do not conform to contract.

Toyota Didn't do anything just sent me a letter saying the car is covered by Warranty ( well knock me down with a feather :wacko: ) also Given that your vehicle was manufactured in Japan, I am sure you will appreciate that it takes a number of months for a vehicle to be shipped and then prepared for the UK market.

:eek:

In other words they couldn't care less but granted its not there problem , well actually that might not be strictly true..

When i put in my vin number for the pedal re-call it says the car is a 2010 IQ2 and not affected..... but its a 2008 car which falls into the dates for the cars affected so i don't even know if the pedal has been checked at all

Anyway spoke to the dealerships Principle and waiting to see what he has to say tomorrow.

Getting some good Legal Advice and looks like we are ready for a fight

• 3 weeks later...

A little update..

I now have written proof as to when the car was built (december 2008)

I have a warranty and service book for a Prius

My service plan is for a 2009 1q with current mileage being 1,000 it has not done 500 yet :blink:

When we put the vin number in the pedal recall site and it said the car was an IQ2 2010 the dealership said thats the registration date,and not the build date

Firstly we checked that before i handed the dvla registration form to them so how could it have been the registration date,

Anyway checked with the DVLA and they have the car as being built in 2010

Its a total catalogue of errors,

Anyway today they have received a Pre Action protocol letter from my solicitor, which of course now means we are claiming not just a refund but legal costs and damages

They are not getting away with this, How dare they advertise "MY2010" cars when what you get is a 2008 car with faults that they ignore i knew rejecting the car would not be easy but they are just getting stupid now, but its all in my favour so hey carry on.... :yahoo:

1 month later...................your lawyer has destroyed the sale probably?

Car is back to the bad dealer and you've had a refund?

• 2 months later...

Got an update ..... and its good,

So its now been 16 weeks since i got the car 14 since rejection we have sent numerous solicitor letters but the last one was asking them to replace the vehicle, the reply to that letter was they would not replace the vehicle as they deemed the contract to be fulfilled,

But on the same day that letter was received the solicitor took a phone call from the dealership, They said they reject liability but to put an end to the matter would purchase the car back from us, this was a one off offer and no negotiations would be made, they offered the full cost of the car less the scrappage allowance and £500 towards the car scrapped, they would not contribute towards the solicitors costs

I have no idea why suddenly this offer was made ,maybe somebody else had a look at the letters or maybe they finally got legal advice themselves

So after some thought we decided to accept the offer because overall the loss to us works out at about £500, which i think is worth it to bring the matter to an end

This morning we received the cash and they have collected the vehicle,

I am so relieved its over with and i have ordered a new Mini that will have a June 2010 build date stamped under the bonnet !!

All's well then.

Congratulations!

Shame on the dealer......maybe write to the importer from Toyota or the press?...................probably they'll make you a nice offer to ease the pain ;)

I am so relieved its over with and i have ordered a new Mini that will have a June 2010 build date stamped under the bonnet !!

How can you be absolutely sure that your new Mini will have been built in June 2010?

A lot of the component parts for the Mini may well have been on the shelf for several months! :eek:

I can be sure of this cars build date because it is being built to order unlike Toyota, with BMW Mini i can check the stage of ordering, build and delivery at any point they can check exactly where in the build process the car is

Mini do not seem to stockpile cars unlike others,and those that are sat in the dealerships again have the build date stamped on them so you know exactly what you are buying which i think is better all round

A lot of minis are sold so i think any parts sat around will be less than 18 months old

With the IQ i think i was very unlucky in getting one of the original cars , But overall my Dealership experience with RMB Teesside was appalling and thats why i am changing brand

Also when we went to pay the deposit for the Mini we popped into the pub for lunch and a guy sat on the table next to us was talking about his Toyota problems and an argument he'd just had with his dealership !!

Its a small world

I loved the IQ but i only had one good day with it and that was when i test drove the demonstration vehicle , My car was a whole different experience due to its faults that the dealership would not fix

Im sure there are many good Toyota dealerships out there and those of you who enjoy your fault free IQ then im pleased for you and wish you may happy years driving it

Bad call from your dealer.

Big mistake because he has a lot of bad advertisment this way.

(what does the importer say?)

I used ti live in Middlesbrough. RMB is renowned for been a shocking dealership. My dad has numerous issues with them. The cars are fine its just the dealer is hopeless!

I used ti live in Middlesbrough. RMB is renowned for been a shocking dealership. My dad has numerous issues with them. The cars are fine its just the dealer is hopeless!

I wish id known that way back in March, i did a search on the internet for any bad reviews about them and didn't find any so assumed they must be ok , BIG Mistake !!

Anyone remember the days when Toyota UK would remove dealership status from garages behaving like this??

I bought my IQ from RMB teesside last november, I can't fault the garage nor the car.

What legal action have you ever instigated against them due to questionable goods?