Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Privacy Glass

Sando

Hi All!

New to the forum! :D

Just wondered if anyone knew the "strength" of the privacy glass? Im thinking of having the rear window done for a bit more added security with there been no boot shelf etc. Also im sure it will look fab!!

Thanks

Hi All!

New to the forum! :D

Just wondered if anyone knew the "strength" of the privacy glass? Im thinking of having the rear window done for a bit more added security with there been no boot shelf etc. Also im sure it will look fab!!

Thanks

Hi,welcome to the forum.

I had my rear window tinted this week. The standard rear window tint is a medium tint, but it has a purplish shade to it. My fitter put a couple of samples on the rear window for me to chose from. I went for a dark tint( in between medium and limo black), and it looks good from the outside. From the inside it is a shade darker, but I didn't think the medium would stop prying eyes from looking in the boot. The tint also doesn't have the purple shade to it, but this again is only noticeable from inside.

Thanks for the quick response!

How much did it cost approx (if you dont mind me asking?) I presume to took all the "Toyota" stickers off also?

Thanks for the quick response!

How much did it cost approx (if you dont mind me asking?) I presume to took all the "Toyota" stickers off also?

As for those stickers on the rear window: I don't really want them on. I can't seem to peel them off so is there some kind of solvent I can use that will take them off easily and not leave any gungy residue behind? I don't know if it's possible to damage the heating wires so I thought I'd get some expert knowledge first. The two stickers I have is one saying "optimum drive system" or something like it and the second is a huge bugger put on by the local dealership.

I have heard lots of ways but never tried any myself:

Warm Soapy Water

Hairdryer

Nail Polish Remover

I have only ever used the hairdryer to take off stickers/transfers on the 'outside' of the car

I got the dealer to remove the stickers when I collected my car. Not sure what they used, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a hairdryer or nail polish remover. I certainly didn't want to risk damaging the wires myself - thankfully they didn't either.

I have heard lots of ways but never tried any myself:

Warm Soapy Water

Hairdryer

Nail Polish Remover

I have only ever used the hairdryer to take off stickers/transfers on the 'outside' of the car

The dealer stickers just peel off. It does help to warm them a little first with a hair dryer though.

It cost me £40 to have my rear window tinted. A local windsceen company did it for me.