Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I'm New To Toyota And Would Like Some Advice Please :)

Michaelmoo

Hi all,

I'm new to owning a GT4 ST205, I had a nissan GTST 320bph and fancied a change so i got a GT4 and man i'm glad i did. I love it, plan and simple :) . Its the most fun i've ever had in a car ever, full stop. Now its a standard car with full service history from both japan and Ireland where its been from 2008.

Now i had a good look at the engine, and was think of a few fairly basic mods i'd like to do with the car. Nothing major just a few bits as i want to have a bit more horses under the bonet without however, rubbing it in peoples faces.

1:I was thinking of relocating the Battery to the boot to make room for a stright air intake to the turbo. Which air intake in your experience work best for the gt4 and which one would you guys recomend?

2:I would love to get an aftermarket exhaust. I was thinking of a HKS high flow silent on as i dont want a loud in your face one, but i'm not sure if i should go for the HKS one, so any feed back you guys can give my would be great. Simalir systems etc.

3:And last but not least i'd like to get an aftermarket ECU for it but again I dont know what on to go for as there are so many. I could just get an Apexi power FC with commander but I'd like to know if theres something better, cheaper etc out there. The reason I want an ECU is that i plan to do a few more mods to the car later in the year over time. So i need an aftermarket ECU as i can get it remapped to suit future upgrades i make to the engine etc.

Please feel free to dump as much info on me as you can, as the more info a have the better. :)

http://www.gt4ec.net/forum/modifications/my-battery-recolcaton-kit/?PHPSESSID=7d6bb7d39164f6210c8debec6ed96e0f that will help with ur Battery relocation.

Straight air intake is a good idea, to get the best results you should try get a cold air box around the filter.

As for an ecu yes most are expensive and if you really want to keep tweaking things and remapping then get a remappable ecu. You could get a blitz access ecu which is popular with the gt4. Its not remappable it basically has a better map then standard, you get better mpg better power its good for around say 330bhp depending on mods but cant confirm that. They can be expensive but people have been lucky and got them for 200 quid

Ive relocated the Battery to the stock airbox position and run a Mr.Baryy straight inatke with a green cotton filter, jap spec performance now sell there own version of the straight intake.

Ive got a Blueflame exhaust which isn't massively loud, certainly alot quieter then Blitz or HKS ones. Its reasonable priced and is cat back so replaces the very restrictive front pipe. HKS and Blitz are 2 piece systems and your then looking at an Aussie frontpipe on top.

I have a Blitz acces on mine, get one for around £500 and no mapping required. However if your planning to run a bigger turbo then a Power FC would be best as the Access can only really be run with stock turbo and injectors.

A boost controller at 1.1 bar, decent filter and exhaust system should see around 300bhp. Add a FMIC and a bit more boost and 320-330bhp is achievable. Any more and you'll be looking at bigger injectors, turbo and mappable ecu.

http://www.gt4ec.net/forum/modifications/my-battery-recolcaton-kit/?PHPSESSID=7d6bb7d39164f6210c8debec6ed96e0f that will help with ur battery relocation.

Straight air intake is a good idea, to get the best results you should try get a cold air box around the filter.

As for an ecu yes most are expensive and if you really want to keep tweaking things and remapping then get a remappable ecu. You could get a blitz access ecu which is popular with the gt4. Its not remappable it basically has a better map then standard, you get better mpg better power its good for around say 330bhp depending on mods but cant confirm that. They can be expensive but people have been lucky and got them for 200 quid

Thanks for the advice mate, and the link was also most helpful. :)

Ive relocated the battery to the stock airbox position and run a Mr.Baryy straight inatke with a green cotton filter, jap spec performance now sell there own version of the straight intake.

Ive got a Blueflame exhaust which isn't massively loud, certainly alot quieter then Blitz or HKS ones. Its reasonable priced and is cat back so replaces the very restrictive front pipe. HKS and Blitz are 2 piece systems and your then looking at an Aussie frontpipe on top.

I have a Blitz acces on mine, get one for around £500 and no mapping required. However if your planning to run a bigger turbo then a Power FC would be best as the Access can only really be run with stock turbo and injectors.

A boost controller at 1.1 bar, decent filter and exhaust system should see around 300bhp. Add a FMIC and a bit more boost and 320-330bhp is achievable. Any more and you'll be looking at bigger injectors, turbo and mappable ecu.

Thanks for the advice mate. I was also thinking of the green cotton filter, how much did you pay for yours. And in regards the boost pressure I was told it can run savely upto a max of 1.2 bar without causing to much increase in heat, with minamil ware and tear. Has anyone else run the boost pressure at 1.2 bar, and if so what have the afects of it been.

And yep i'm thinking a wont be running more then 320 bhp as whats the point really as i want to keep it as an everyday car also. So i think that the Blitz acces is the best bet for me, but does anyone know if I can get it from a supplier in Ireland as i havent found any yet.

Thank again for the advice guys. Keep it coming :D

Don't think they make the blitz access anymore not 100% like, they always pop up on eBay so keep looking.

Most people regard 1.1 as safe, 1.2 can be run but fuel cut is just around the corner on stock ecu.

I got my filter direct from Green and think it was about £46, just measured the space I had and then bought the biggest filter possible!

eBay or gt4oc, mine is actually an MR2 one, just requires the Charge cooler pump to be bridged to run constantly. ST205 specific blitz access's tend to fetch more money, if you do go for an MR2 one make sure its for a rev3 onwards (1994 +)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links