Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is The Most Annoying Thing On The Iq For You?

David Ke

For me the most annoying part of the iQ must me the lack of any soundproofing around the wheel arches.Have you driven on a road that has just been gritted or full of stone chips? What an unbelievable journey that is,are they all the same? .It just appears to be grit against metal with no plastic arch to lessen the horrific noise. The lack of illumination on the retractable mirror switch must come second for me.

• Like 1

For me, nothing much at all.

I have a really REALLY annoying rattle which i cannot find anywhere!! It seems to be coming from the dashboard or behind the steering wheel? I initially thought it was the 'mode' dials for the multi-display.

Or small annoyances are the "glove box" which is practically useless, and the light in the car, again which is a bit useless.

Other than that its perfecto :-)

that stupid passenger airbag on light... amber is a caution colour :ffs:

the !Removed! airbag thing is meant to be on, I don't need (or want) to know that ALL the time.

unless it's off. (which it also tells you) that bit is ok as it is a caution.

the pesky trip reset in the MFD, I'm always resetting the dratted clock.

no speed camera POI database in the satnav.

no clock in the satnav (as I'm always resetting the one in the MFD)

the inferior light is a bit of a joke.

think mr T needs to come up with a resin polish to clean, de-scuff & protect the plum (duff) plastic trim.

we need more accessories too...

just some minor gripettes, otherwise it's perfecto. :toast:

Geo...

RATTLES!!! :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

Also, on a more minor note, useless interior light, fuel gauge (my car filled itself up yesterday from half full to full with no input from me whatsoever! :unsure: )

.....oh, and I agree on the mirror button. How often have I fumbled for that one.

RATTLES!!! :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

Also, on a more minor note, useless interior light, fuel gauge (my car filled itself up yesterday from half full to full with no input from me whatsoever! :unsure: )

.....oh, and I agree on the mirror button. How often have I fumbled for that one.

1. Missing speed camera POI in the satnav is a big let down.

2. Tacky plastic interior.

Everything else is just fine.

the !Removed! airbag thing is meant to be on
Unless you are using a rear facing child seat then it is meant to be OFF. As we all know there are some countries where lawyers are deemed the most sensible people in the World and they know that if you have not specifically been told something (e.g. do not dry your poodle in a microwave) then you litigate until you see a large amount of money in your bank.

If i took back my iQ saying there is a really annoying rattle would they look at it, or just laugh at me?

They'll probably take a look, but they won't take you serious. I was just told to expect rattles on a new car. :wacko:

for me it's 3 things:

1- the rattles - the centre console on my car creaks and rattles non-stop - all the time, it drives me and the mrs mad.

2- the noise from the suspension - it's very, very loud at times.

3- the cheap and nasty interior plastic quality - my door panels are scratched to buggery from only very light contact, shocking that this passed the QC test.

for me it's 3 things:

1- the rattles - the centre console on my car creaks and rattles non-stop - all the time, it drives me and the mrs mad.

2- the noise from the suspension - it's very, very loud at times.

3- the cheap and nasty interior plastic quality - my door panels are scratched to buggery from only very light contact, shocking that this passed the QC test.

I especially agree with 3. My wife has mentioned it a couple of times that when she unclips the seat belt the buckle scrapes on the pillar plastic. It looks a bit tatty.

Am I the only one that thinks that the side mirrors are too big and hide a part of the view... part which is very important to see when you arrive at a cross road ?

It already happened to me that a whole motorcycle was hidden behind the right side mirror (with priority for him) and i nearly didn't saw him... could end quite badly...

For me the most annoying part of the iQ must me the lack of any soundproofing around the wheel arches.Have you driven on a road that has just been gritted or full of stone chips? What an unbelievable journey that is,are they all the same? .It just appears to be grit against metal with no plastic arch to lessen the horrific noise. The lack of illumination on the retractable mirror switch must come second for me.

so agree, how much would a little soundproofing felt cost - anyone done their own???

1. The change up / change down light. Would be nice to be able to turn this off, perhaps by pressing the eco off light.

2. 2nd gear change. Its still %$(in clunky after 3000 miles, changing down 3rd to 2nd most of the time it doesn't go in, unless you almost force it. And changing from 1st to 2nd sounds like the gear stick is about to fall off. No fault say toyota.

3. The way the bass / treble settings seem to randomly reset themselves every so often

4. Not so much the car, but the way drivers of slightly bigger cars such as corsa's, clios etc think they can bully you out of the way on the motorway. At least until you drop down to 3rd and leave them behind.

5. That inaccurate petrol gauge. The first bar seems to last for about 80 miles, 2nd 40miles, 3rd, 4th 5th about 30 miles each and then near enough 80 on the last flashing bar.

Other than that, its perfect. Number 2 is most annoying, and its a 6 speed not 5 speed box.

hi guys

the first week i got my iq i took the wheels off masked up the arches and sprayed the underside with 8 tins of underseal

lots went in to the arches

its alot quieter

plus hopefully it won't rust as much

what annoys me with this car?

nothing

1)The press studs for the boot cover - turnbuckles would have been much better.

2)Passenger's seat belt has to be plugged into its socket if not in use otherwise it rattles.

3)Rear seat belt buckles don't have a reliable home - the slot in the trim is a (bad) joke.

4)No option in UK to buy a two seat version with proper spare wheel.

We still like ours though 8-}

2)Passenger's seat belt has to be plugged into its socket if not in use otherwise it rattles.

I stuck velcro rounds onto the back of the clip where it bangs the side pillar. Seems to have done the job. :rolleyes: