Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2006 Corolla T Spirit

geordiex

Hi everyone,

As a new member I`ve searched for the above subject but it seems no one has made a similar enquiry. I`m very pleased with the car apart from the clock which being flush with the fascia means it is very difficult to read in daylight conditions because of reflections on the clock face.I asked both the dealer and Toyota for a possible remedy and their crass comment was that no one had ever raised this before and I could always Blutack a watch to the fascia.Does anyone know of a suitable replacement. Any comments welcome.

Thanks, Geordiex

Hi you'll get a better response posting in the Corolla forum.

This area does state:

This section is for new members to introduce themselves. Please do not ask questions about your car here.

There may well be someone in the Corolla forum with a solution for you.

:)

I take it your center console is a bit like mine, as in like this

Dashboard.jpg

If so, i've never really had a problem with reading the clock on it, daytime or night time.

Are the digits a solid colour, or look faded somehow? might be a reason why you can't see it properly in the daytime.

I second man-bing, the clock has never given any issues...

I take it your center console is a bit like mine, as in like this

Dashboard.jpg

If so, i've never really had a problem with reading the clock on it, daytime or night time.

Are the digits a solid colour, or look faded somehow? might be a reason why you can't see it properly in the daytime.

Many thanks for your comments. After experimemting yesterday, which was sunny and bright, I`ve come to the conclusion that the reflections on the clock face are relative to my seating position. When the reflections obscured the clock I found that if I leant right forward I could overcome the reflections and read the clock. So that would seem to be the solution. I still think that it is poorly designed clock but I can live with it.Thanks again for your help.

Geordiex

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links