Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Traction Control Is A Bit Moany

linzwazzy

I've noticed the traction control seems to be really moany in the corolla, it's always flashing up and it's not even like i'm going hard, i know the roads are greasy at the moment but even still. does anyone else find this?

ive driven a selection of T-sports now and the traction control is fairly similar on all of them. biggest variation for it kicking in that i have noticed is the tyres. be them generally rubbish or over inflated.

old or worn tyres wont do you much good either with regards to tcs. older tyres can perish over or go slightly 'hard' on the surface way before they run out of tread.

having said that if tyres were an issue you'd probably find abs kicking in more so than you might expect.

ive driven a selection of T-sports now and the traction control is fairly similar on all of them. biggest variation for it kicking in that i have noticed is the tyres. be them generally rubbish or over inflated.

old or worn tyres wont do you much good either with regards to tcs. older tyres can perish over or go slightly 'hard' on the surface way before they run out of tread.

having said that if tyres were an issue you'd probably find abs kicking in more so than you might expect.

yeah this makes perfect sense as i had been thinking about that the other day, there are two different tyres on the front and then the back have same tyres, they all still have good tread on them, but saving up to get them all replaced in the summer.

You definitely want to switch so you have identical tyres on the front. I had a tyre replaced a while back and in their infinite wisdom they put a different tyre on the front offside. As soon as I got home I switched one from the back and stuck it up front so I was running the same tread on the front axle.

Getting new tyres fitted all round on my car as I type this though :D

I ran one Toyo and one Bridgstone on the front for a while... had no problems... even at Pod! :lol:

never had any issues with my traction control.