Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Locking Nuts

Indica

Hi all, I need help.

I'm trying to aquire a new lock nut socket to suit my locking wheel nuts on my Rav4. I left the socket attached to the wheel and decided to go for a drive, doh.... Now I have a set of wheels I cant get of the car.

I have phoned Toyota, to which they said that I need a 3 digit code for the correct socket. Trouble is I dont have the number all I have is the product code for the set of nuts that on the car.

00090-03013-B)

Is there a way to match the numbers up?

Any input would be appreciated. I have been quoted £56 + vat for removing the nuts from the Toyota dealer (thats each wheel folks!!), which makes me think that was there goal all the time.

See attached photo of lock nut I require the socket for

Thanks

I would have thought Toyota could look up the cars vin number and match it up with the original lock nut that came with the car from new, I know other dealers can do this.

If not and you need to get them removed by force.. sod Toyota's 56 quid a corner.. your local tyre place might be able to get them off for a tenner a corner, or free if it only takes then five minutes (depends how tight they are and what they will use to get them off). You could try getting them off yourself.. I assume its the standard McGaurd locking nut? simillar to this...

4bc35b25343f1981c7fd_large.jpg

Some of these have an outer "ring" that will move idependantly of the centre part which will vary in thickness, in the picture it is fairly thin. What you need is a good quality spline socket and a heavy(ish) hammer, you want the socket to be as tight as you can hammer over the nut, once on and if it's a tight enough fit, it will press the outer ring tightly onto the nut, then if the nut isn't on the wheel too tightly you will be able to put a power bar into the socket (protect the end of the socket when hammering it on so you don't damage this part lol) and loosen it off.

Just noticed your in Kelty, pop down to Crossgates (Fairdeal) we take a fiver a corner.. sometimes we can get them off, sometimes we can't... but worth letting us have a look?

Just noticed your other thread and see you have tri-lock locking nuts, again it's the same removal process and we can have a go for you.

• 2 weeks later...

they are probably mcgard nuts,

if you have a look in the locking wheel nut box underneath the plastic tray you might find a bar code with 3 digits on it.

If you are still out of luck then hammer a socket over the locker and impact gun it off, this is what they will do in your local tyre fitting place.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links