Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Question About A Special Ed Aygo From Jan 08.

Joek

Hi all,

First post here, mainly down to finally buying a little Aygo. Due to various circumstance (not least the price of fuel!!!), a downgrade from what I have at the moment was pretty much a necessary requirement, and I found a fantastic used one on monday, and I'm going to be picking it up tomorrow!

What I am trying to find is exactly what one it is! It's a Special Edition one, has alloys along with side plates on the doors (along with front fogs - which I assume were just paid for as an extra) - however, the colour seems to me to be quite a darker version from the current blue.

The car was registered in Jan '08 if that helps.

Anyone know what this one might be?

Sorry, it's a pretty banal first question, but there we go. Can't wait to pick it up though - after the couple of test drives I had, it just felt great fun :)

Thanks all!

There are a few different blues used for the Aygo Blue, I think the earlier one was darker.

Enjoy the car.

Hi!

First of all. Welcome to the club. Im glad you chose an Aygo. With todays petrol prices. I heard the price per litre could be as much as £1.20 by April of this year.

The Aygo also comes with £35 road tax, and soon to be reduced to £20 I hear in April.

Buying a smaller car, with cheaper costs makes sense.

I hope you have fun in your Aygo. Not sure if I heard of any special editions from Toyota. You could call them to find out?

Sounds like you have the first Aygo Blue edition released by Toyota UK.

Toyota have basically introduced 3 special editions over the years - Aygo Blue (3 Incarnations of this edition, 1st being a dark blue, 2nd being a slate blue, with the 3rd being the current blue on sale today) Aygo black (2 incarnations - 1st being one with turbine style alloys and 2nd being on facelifted model with different alloys and leather interior) and Aygo Platinum (2 incarnations with the first being around the end of 2008 and more recently a platinum model for the facelifted model which is still on sale).

Hope you enjoy your Aygo whichever one it turns out to be. They are great little motors! I love mine more than I ever thought I would :blush:

This is my Blue:

DSC00746.jpg

It's the business, fun to drive, cheap to run and looks cool as well.

Enjoy your new baby.

The car was registered in Jan '08 if that helps.

Anyone know what this one might be?

It will be on the log book or put your registration number in one of these vehicle history check sites and it will tell you the model, without having to pay.

It'll probably be the Slate Blue version, again it's an Aygo Blue. Then again, it should say on the rear window/boot glass, and definitely in your logbook somewhere. But if it's Blue, it's probably a Blue! Enjoy it.

It'll probably be the Slate Blue version, again it's an Aygo Blue. Then again, it should say on the rear window/boot glass, and definitely in your logbook somewhere. But if it's Blue, it's probably a Blue! Enjoy it.

Thanks all! Picked it up today and it's definitely a Blue (like the darker blue in the photo above). Absolutely love it to bits already. In great condition (aside from rusty allot nuts - but looking over the forum, this appears to be fairly common, and with a bit of luck the Toyota garage will replace under warranty!), and whoever had it before me had fitted on front fogs too :)

Not that I'll be doing much sitting in the back, but I was pleasantly surprised with the space there - fairly comfortable it would appear. Well, at least for shorter journeys.

Just wonderful :) . As you can tell, I'm a happy owner!

Thanks all! Picked it up today and it's definitely a Blue (like the darker blue in the photo above). Absolutely love it to bits already. In great condition (aside from rusty allot nuts - but looking over the forum, this appears to be fairly common, and with a bit of luck the Toyota garage will replace under warranty!), and whoever had it before me had fitted on front fogs too :)

Not that I'll be doing much sitting in the back, but I was pleasantly surprised with the space there - fairly comfortable it would appear. Well, at least for shorter journeys.

You have the same car as me, 2008 Aygo Blue with Style Pack which includes alloys, front fogs and scuff plates. I've had mine since April 2008. I love it! Downgraded from a Mini Cooper and have no regrets! Enjoy! :-)

Snap! I have the same Aygo blue too. Its known as Maroon blue, and the new car that comes out the colour is known as slate blue, but it looks like a light grey to me.

I actually thought you were speaking of a "special edition". The Aygo blue we have has blue tooth. My one doesnt have the "style pack", and its just a styling pack and does not make it a special edition.

Happy motoring :D

^ I think it's known as Lagoon Blue as opposed to Maroon Blue :P lol, glad you've got your car sorted out, happy AYGOing!!!

I think the Aygo Blue is still classed as a Special Edition - like the Black and Platinum models. The 'standard' models were Aygo and Aygo Plus, I always thought. But they're all very tasteful as special editions go... I remember when Citroen did a special edition Saxo - the East Coast, complete with mango orange paint, coloured seatbelts and a yellow gearknob. Ten years on, they look incredibly dated! But I think all of the Aygos wear very well indeed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links