Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Jae 2010 Attendees

GIDDLEPIN

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KPARRIS-JONES

• Hou

• Norfolk n Chance

• Phoenix999

Looks like a good bunch going, except for this mister_mo guy (who is he?)

Should be some good old skool banter going about.

I will be coming with 2 mr2s this year providing i find a new Shell for my white one and get the new lump in in time , also have about 8 other cars maybe more not all toyotas though so if you got room for some islanders :thumbsup:

mine will defo be only one car, there is no way on this earth the rolla will be road worthy by september. :(

mine will defo be only one car, there is no way on this earth the rolla will be road worthy by september. :(

Just pull your finger out and stop whining! :P

;)

Im going to "kick you all back to England" again this year :lol:

PLEASE NOTE

Thursday access this year is being restriced to 'Set Up' only and not as an extra night.

Unlike previous years with no limit on those arriving on the Thursday, JAE will only be allowing vehicles needed for set up at their discretion.

The access form in the reps pack has space for 2 vehicles but i have been told we are allowed to photocopy the form if we need extra vehicles in to set up but not to, in John's words, "take the censored.gif "

So because of this people should aim to be at JAE for Friday, gates open at 7am.

I'll discuss with Hou when he's back off his hols but i think Thursday is likely to be myself and Hou to plan the camping/car split and get the gazebo up.

Colin (Blutto) had offered to bring his works van (Hi-Ace) with generator and lighting and Kath (Mrs Blutto :lol:) would prob be driving the CTS-C, so if he's wanting to arrive Thursday then we will add them to the access list but i doubt we would be able to blag many more people in for 'Set Up'.

So it looks like JAE will start on Friday for most this year

unsure.gif

Seems a bit silly - if theres a lot to set up how can just two cars worth of people do it? :blink:

I'm still wiling to come down on Thursday if they let us in, lets see how things pan out.

pm me in july if there are some spaces left, will drum up more interest

Those who have never been to JAE will enjoy it!

There is not a restriction on members being in attendance for setting up on Thursday

John Fuggles (JAE Organiser) states:

Thursday is SET UP NOT AN EXTRA DAY/NIGHT. If you need extra FOR SET UP then make copies of the forms - but don't take the p**s !

Thursday opens at MIDDAY not before

There is to be no music or entertainment on your stands

If the rules are followed there really should not be a problem with a few more helping set up!

Thanks for that Steve... taken from the thread on the JAE forum where me and Hou that asked the questions ;) :lol:

There are further details about Thursday access in the reps pack.

Basically we have to justify the need for numbers..... if people are wanting to arrive on Thursday they will need to let me know and we can then try and get them access.

I will happily fill in forms for all those that want to arrive early but JAE organisers will have the final decision over whether access is granted or not.

thumbsup.gif

Thanks for that Steve... taken from the thread on the JAE forum where me and Hou that asked the questions ;) :lol:

There are further details about Thursday access in the reps pack.

Basically we have to justify the need for numbers..... if people are wanting to arrive on Thursday they will need to let me know and we can then try and get them access.

I will happily fill in forms for all those that want to arrive early but JAE organisers will have the final decision over whether access is granted or not.

thumbsup.gif

The only reason that "The Organisation" has changed the normal Thursday entrance rules is because the Wickstead Park venue owners do not want any noise or music playing on Thursday night so that the locals are not upset.

A lot of other clubs will be having people travel long distance and arrive late Thursday afternoon, because their members will want to be "Ready to Go" from Friday morning to enjoy The full JAE experience.

I am sure that those TOC members who wish to help set up will act in a responsible manner and obey "The Organisations" rules

Not sure where you're trying to go with these posts Steve... i've posted up what i've been told via the JAE forum, email and rep's pack.... I'd prefer people to be aware that they may not be granted access rather than expect it....

I'd like to get there for Thursday and I will actually try to help with setting up, that's all part of the experience for me. :yes: ;)

Not sure where you're trying to go with these posts Steve... i've posted up what i've been told via the JAE forum, email and rep's pack.... I'd prefer people to be aware that they may not be granted access rather than expect it....

Not trying to go anywhere with the posts Gaz...........Just trying to ensure that those TOC members who wanted to help set up on the Thursday are fully aware why they may not be allowed to do so :thumbsup:

I am sure that Hou and yourself will need and welcome all the help that you can get on the day :)

I'd like to get there for Thursday and I will actually try to help with setting up, that's all part of the experience for me. :yes: ;)

I'll put you down for the heavy lifting ;) :lol:

I'll put you down for the heavy lifting ;) :lol:

No Problem. :D It's one of the very few things I am good at lol! :P

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Guys.... putting aside the good company of the TOC members I am starting to think that JAE is just not worth it sad.gif

To put my car on the TOC stand for one day is £25, sorry organisers of JAE but this is a serious censored.gif take.... to come in as a day visitor is £10 and that is far more acceptable but I would have to leave the car outside huh.gif

I think I shall make up my mind in the few days before the event.... sorry sad.gif

Leaving aside the Thursday debate, has anyone thought up a theme for the stand?

I know it was a hot topic on here once! :blowup:

How about grouping cars by age - like a timeline of Toyotas? (not brilliant I know but its all I can think of!) with a piece of paper in each car detailing what was going on when the car was new? :dontgetit:

Ok, it was just an idea...... :ermm::ermm::ermm:

That sounds like a decent enough idea to me, but it'd have to be set out in the models.... so Supra time-line, Corolla time-line, MR2 time-line otherwise it is just too confusing lol.

I'm going to JapShow tomorrow which should provide some inspiration. :D

Guys.... putting aside the good company of the TOC members I am starting to think that JAE is just not worth it sad.gif

To put my car on the TOC stand for one day is £25, sorry organisers of JAE but this is a serious censored.gif take.... to come in as a day visitor is £10 and that is far more acceptable but I would have to leave the car outside huh.gif

I think I shall make up my mind in the few days before the event.... sorry sad.gif

Or £20 if you buy your ticket in advance :P

I understand where you are coming from dude, I assume that you had to pay the full amount last year for the same and it is a shame

They are probably asking for more money to compensate for the lack of modding enthusiasm this year (did someone say recession?) but then I will counter my argument and say; well that's a crap excuse seeing as they sold out a month ago?.... :rolleyes:

But IMO it's worth it because I do like to show off my car and talk about it. :yes: (NEVER! :rolleyes: )

have you got any meets prior to this as i would like to meet a few of you before i say yes :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links