Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake Caliper Slider Kit? Avensis 2004 1.8 Vvti

rickjhns

Hi,

I would like to know if there is such a thing as a brake caliper slider kit for a 2004 Avensis. The reason I ask is I have a (the very common rumble among Avensis owners) noise over rough ground due to movement of the front brake pads against the calipers. I have improved this my fitting brake pads with anti rattle shims (basically rubber backing plates), however the rumlbing sound still persists. My mechanic has suggested I need to fit a new caliper slider kit which might should the noise. Howwever, when I mentioned this to a Toyota mechanic he was not aware of this part.

Hi,

I would like to know if there is such a thing as a brake caliper slider kit for a 2004 Avensis. The reason I ask is I have a (the very common rumble among Avensis owners) noise over rough ground due to movement of the front brake pads against the calipers. I have improved this my fitting brake pads with anti rattle shims (basically rubber backing plates), however the rumlbing sound still persists. My mechanic has suggested I need to fit a new caliper slider kit which might should the noise. Howwever, when I mentioned this to a Toyota mechanic he was not aware of this part.

There are spares for this and contain cylinder slide pins and bushes and boots.

Fitter

Many thank for the reply.

Which part/parts would I need to order improve (reduce) the noise from the pads? From what you say, I think it would be a job best dealt with by a Toyota dealer rather than an indpendant garage.

Thanks

Rick

Hi,

Fitter

Which part/parts would I need to order improve (reduce) the noise from the pads? From what you say, I think it would be a job best dealt with by a Toyota dealer rather than an indpendant garage.

Thanks

Rick

Hi,

Fitter

The most likely problem will be the pins and bushes but you can test for movement with the wheel removed and a helper lightly applying the brake while you rock the disc. I am attaching a dia of the front brake and you can judge whether or not you are competant to do it.

Fitter

post-66293-126909120626_thumb.jpg

Thanks

Rick

Hi,

Fitter

The most likely problem will be the pins and bushes but you can test for movement with the wheel removed and a helper lightly applying the brake while you rock the disc. I am attaching a dia of the front brake and you can judge whether or not you are competant to do it.

Fitter

Thank you very much for the information and the attachment.

Rickjhns

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links