Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Mark Ii Model 1999 Hard Starts

HUNK III

I'm fed up with my toyota Mark II.

It's model 1999 with VVTI engine 1G -FE . Problem it hard starts. When I ignite the engine when cold it runs poorly as though some plugs are malfunctioning but after about four minutes of poor running the engine normalizes as it warms up. Now I've done the following . I've put Iridium plugs, changed coldstart switch, changed fuel filter and I'm using V-power petrol from Shell but still the car starts poorly when cold and have to wait till it warms up. Please help

My email: ssembusi@aol.com

• 11 years later...

Hey HUNK III, Im having the same problem with mine, changed all the stuff you did with the same results, next step is checking all wiring for continuity and shorts, especially at the connectors, I did some research and found that if the knock sensor or its wiring is bad, the engine behaves that way too, will give you update when Im finished.

This topic is 11 years old, the OP only posted once when they raised this topic and hasn't returned since April 2010, so they won't see your reply.