Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3Rd Generation Surf Side Steps

ajstars

Rather foolishly I have damaged my nearside side step on my 3rd generation (1997) Surf.

I have been interrogating eBay, but all the steps for sale seem to be 65 inches in length and my one appears to be 69 inches.

Does anyone know where I can get a 3rd genaration step from - do you have one lying around?

Thank you

Rather foolishly I have damaged my nearside side step on my 3rd generation (1997) Surf.

I have been interrogating Ebay, but all the steps for sale seem to be 65 inches in length and my one appears to be 69 inches.

Does anyone know where I can get a 3rd genaration step from - do you have one lying around?

Thank you

sell it mate and get a proper surf 1st or 2 nd gen 3rds are to weak and flimsey (but to answer the question yes 65 inches is correct the other missing 4 inches is taken up by the flair on one ends plastic end cap.go back to e bay and accept yours is the same lengh as the rest

I would just remove them anyway, it looks much better without, but if you do need one have a look on the Surf forum.

sell it mate and get a proper surf 1st or 2 nd gen 3rds are to weak and flimsey (but to answer the question yes 65 inches is correct the other missing 4 inches is taken up by the flair on one ends plastic end cap.go back to e bay and accept yours is the same lengh as the rest

Weak and Flimsey, your talking out of your bottom m8, I have both a 3rd and a 2nd and they both have advantages over each other, my daily drive is the 3rd because it is better with the lift up tailgate for getting the dogs in.

DSCF0008.jpg

I would just remove them anyway, it looks much better without, but if you do need one have a look on the Surf forum.

Weak and Flimsey, your talking out of your bottom m8, I have both a 3rd and a 2nd and they both have advantages over each other, my daily drive is the 3rd because it is better with the lift up tailgate for getting the dogs in.

DSCF0008.jpg

you must be talking out of your bottom m8 if if you can justify having a extra car for dogs!!, and if u know so much about 2nd and 3rd surfs you would know that some of the 2nds had lift up tailgates, its a bit like the old ford granadas when they finished production they brought out the ford scorpio and look what happened there!!but hey thats just my opinion, on the 3rds had 2 wouldnt have another.by the way nice pics but the 3rd looks like a landcruiser.

Show me a factory made 2nd gen with a lift up tailgate then, because I have never seen one, and have been importing Surfs for 6 years now.

Show me a factory made 2nd gen with a lift up tailgate then, because I have never seen one, and have been importing Surfs for 6 years now.

you dont import surfs andy ,how comes then u have a unused 2nd gen and that landcruiser look a like next to it i dont see a lot more than that in pics,as for not seeing one with a lft up tail gate then you aint imported many!!where do u get off involving yourself with over peoples conversation , surf importer the only thing you had was that clapped out old white landcruiser stick to what u know m8 giving advice from the crap u read on the internet

As I said show me a 2nd gen Surf with a one piece factory lift up tailgate like the 3rd gen.

post-91400-126956398346_thumb.jpg

As I said show me a 2nd gen Surf with a one piece factory lift up tailgate like the 3rd gen.

there u go, look carefully

That is a 2nd gen SSRG or X with a drop down tailboard.

its a second ssrg its the second 1 i have owned if u look closely the rear window is flush with the bottom panel unlike the drop down ones,they made these for 9 months 1994 into 95 ill post some more pics with the back open.

• 2 years later...