Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo Black

AYGOgummy

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/Toyota-Aygo/248313/

Story from Autocar today... "Toyota launches new Aygo Black"... even though it keeps going off and on sale. Usual thing really, again with leather 'wheel, alloys, leather interior. It's funny how Toyota keep re-introducing the Special Editions.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/Toyota-Aygo/248313/

Story from Autocar today... "Toyota launches new Aygo Black"... even though it keeps going off and on sale. Usual thing really, again with leather 'wheel, alloys, leather interior. It's funny how Toyota keep re-introducing the Special Editions.

Ah but mine didnt have leather interior......................

not wanting to start a which colour is best argument but I do like the black...

dont like the alloys though.. thought the 'turbine' style was/is the best looking wheel...

like the ones in your gallery.. your display pic car has no wheels :eek:

unless I'm look at the wrong pic viper :wacko:

My last car was black - I do love cars in the colour, yet I'll never buy another one in it. It's just shows up scrapes and marks so much more than other colours :( In my younger days, I naively thought that black would mean you wouldn't have to clean the thing as often...boy, was I wrong!

Now, don't get me wrong - I love my blue, but if I was buying new, I always wanted the platinum one - seems to suit the Aygo down to the ground, whereas in the C1 and 107 it doesn't as much. Go figure...

My last car was black - I do love cars in the colour, yet I'll never buy another one in it. It's just shows up scrapes and marks so much more than other colours :( In my younger days, I naively thought that black would mean you wouldn't have to clean the thing as often...boy, was I wrong!

Now, don't get me wrong - I love my blue, but if I was buying new, I always wanted the platinum one - seems to suit the Aygo down to the ground, whereas in the C1 and 107 it doesn't as much. Go figure...

Yea keeping the Aygo black clean for more than a day is impossible especially in winter... does look awesome sparkling clean tho :D

Yea keeping the Aygo black clean for more than a day is impossible especially in winter... does look awesome sparkling clean tho :D

Hi

I always think that a black car removes the design, that is, it loses it shape somewhat and they do show all the scrapes and scratches. I have a platinum and whilst its a good colour I think it lacks depth and should be a slightly darker shade.

Still eveyone has their own preferences and overall no matter what the colour is a cracking little car!!

Mine is one of the original Blacks so doesn't have the leather interior either, but it's got the turbine alloys and I prefer them to the latest versions, but either way both Aygo Blacks look great! All Aygos look great! :D

I do agree that black can show up dirt a little more than others but it is quite a smart colour and seems to siut the aygo well i have a special edtion black aygo with alloys and all i esp like my aygo scuff plates on the door my only grip is i just wish the back wiper was a bit bigger but hey i just look at it as a quirk

i just wish the back wiper was a bit bigger ...

You can fit a larger rear wiper mate without issue. I can't recall the specifics but, IIRC, then it is a 16" rear wiper from something like a Xsara(or something). Maintains the full OE look and gives a larger wipe area.

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya!

I have currently got an '09 aygo platinum and have received a call a few days back to 'upgrade' it to a '10 plate aygo black with a/c

Was quite made up with the call as the payments are only £5 more a month (I have a personal contract) and I get a/c which I haven't currently got with this model and also 3 years free servicing! Picked my own reg to a point and am picking it up on Monday, can't wait!

I asked about any catches as i am suspicious lol and he said basically due to toyota's faults with the cars a few months back...they have been given lots of money to do new deals by which they make hardly any profit themselves but customers are kept happy and toyota's name gets maybe some credit back! (in similar words)

I can't wait :D 2 new cars in the space of a year woo! The points raised about harder to keep clean doesn't seem too good, but it's an excuse to get it beautifully cleaned and sparkling on a regular basis haha

Em x

Hi Em, hope you enjoy your new black!

loved mine when I had it..

Try polishing it with autoglym super resin polish then finish off with collinite 476s wax.. great results

works a treat.. and should help the cleaning!

I know this is an aygo forum but I'm having trouble letting go :lol:

result on my new car in the attachment :thumbsup:

post-35605-127118865699_thumb.jpg

Was quite made up with the call as the payments are only £5 more a month (I have a personal contract) and I get a/c which I haven't currently got with this model and also 3 years free servicing! Picked my own reg to a point and am picking it up on Monday, can't wait!

I think you have got a good deal there, especially w/the free servicing. Hope you enjoy your 'new' car :)

Graeme - Thanks for the advice! I appreciate the tips haha! Not much of a car buff myself so have no idea what to buy but what you've suggested have made your car look amazing! Deffo will be investing in some!

IHPJ - Thanks for the reply....I hope I have got a good deal! I think I was too quick to say yes but who would turn down what i'm getting for little more a month lol! Will post back monday to tell you how I get on with it!

Em x

Graeme - Thanks for the advice! I appreciate the tips haha! Not much of a car buff myself so have no idea what to buy but what you've suggested have made your car look amazing! Deffo will be investing in some!

IHPJ - Thanks for the reply....I hope I have got a good deal! I think I was too quick to say yes but who would turn down what i'm getting for little more a month lol! Will post back monday to tell you how I get on with it!

Em x

I have to say that is one shiny car nice alloys too am hoping to get a set of maybe black ones which i think look crackin on a black car