Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio Problems

bsafirebird

I've got a 58 plate GenII Prius T-Spirit and I'm having Radio/CD probs, everything works fine except the push buttons on the panel for power, track/station change, AM and FM have stopped working. I can turn the system on and off with voice command and the 2 push in knobs at either end of the panel also work it just seems to affect the small push buttons in between. Anyone else come across this? I haven't somehow mysteriously disabled them? Thanks

I've got a 58 plate GenII Prius T-Spirit and I'm having Radio/CD probs, everything works fine except the push buttons on the panel for power, track/station change, AM and FM have stopped working. I can turn the system on and off with voice command and the 2 push in knobs at either end of the panel also work it just seems to affect the small push buttons in between. Anyone else come across this? I haven't somehow mysteriously disabled them? Thanks

You haven't got the car in 'Ready' but in Neutral or Reverse have you? I have read somewhere that this can stop some functions on the radio working properly. I tried it on mine the other day - When you put the car in Reverse you can't change FM bands. Weird or what? I think it applies to the Gen3 but it might be worth checking on yours.

Otherwise I don't know.

Do the steering wheel controls still work? If so then one of the buttons will change the bands, and obviously you should also be able to change stations that are pre set from the steering wheel.

As far as the Radio unit itself, my older but identical model is working fine. There are though a couple of threads on this issue on thePriuschat forums. The general theme of these would appear to point to possible poor connections at the back of the radio unit. Been over any potholes lately, that might have dislodged something? Sounds like a trip to the dealer.

Thanks for the replies folks, mysteriously everything worked for a few days but is now non functioning again. Fortunately the steering controls and voice control both work so I agree it looks like a lose connection... dealership here I come.

Neil