Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Feeds

jonnnnnnnnnnnno

Hey i need to make more cold air get to airfilter can people please post pics or what they are using????????

Thnaks x

search for cold air feed on eBay, theres plenty of different piping.. measure the diameter of the inlet in your airbox (there is a size that fits snug, just cant remember it off the top of my head). youll need about 1.3m worth to route it down to the lower grill. gaz should have some pics of his, or search for older posts and it should come up. hope that helps!

chay

I'm assuming you're using a panel filter inside the standard air box? One way to get more cold air to it would be to replace the standard plastic air induction tube. They standard ones are quite restrictive and draw air from a bit of a silly place.

Here's a photo of my old set-up when I was running a pod filter in the engine bay (short ram intake). Your engine will be different to mine, but the concept is the same. I just used a hole where the standard intake resonator used to be located so that the air gushed up there and through the pipe when I drove along. I've since moved onto a cold air induction set-up, but this should give you some idea of what I meant by replacing the induction tube that leads to the filter/air box (the third pic was taken from underneath the car, looking upwards. This is where the air was feed from the ground and into the tube leading to the filter) -

induction1.jpg

induction2.jpg

induction3.jpg

Will making this change on a standard air box make much difference?

I'm assuming you're using a panel filter inside the standard air box? One way to get more cold air to it would be to replace the standard plastic air induction tube. They standard ones are quite restrictive and draw air from a bit of a silly place.

Here's a photo of my old set-up when I was running a pod filter in the engine bay (short ram intake). Your engine will be different to mine, but the concept is the same. I just used a hole where the standard intake resonator used to be located so that the air gushed up there and through the pipe when I drove along. I've since moved onto a cold air induction set-up, but this should give you some idea of what I meant by replacing the induction tube that leads to the filter/air box (the third pic was taken from underneath the car, looking upwards. This is where the air was feed from the ground and into the tube leading to the filter) -

induction1.jpg

induction2.jpg

induction3.jpg

I do have a cone filter but am only using the standard air feed and would like to change it to a better flowing one.

That helps but on my E12 im not sure where to rout it.

75mm diameter, 1m length (just enough, 1.5m would be easier to work with)

Routed under the fusebox, down the side of the Battery before dropping down behind the headlight and attached to the lower grille ;)

4158_80177203677_681843677_1731028_6555692_n.jpg

4158_80177183677_681843677_1731026_3043086_n.jpg

Well heres mine i have the standard box but made it fit the cone filter so will need to redirect the feed from the standard box.

img1369i.jpg

img1373.jpg

Just use the path of the old snorkle and you should be fine.

Make sure you buy the right diameter tube though! :)

Might sound kind of a silly question but will never know unless asked...

What does this do? Is it better for performance or something?

Might sound kind of a silly question but will never know unless asked...

What does this do? Is it better for performance or something?

It's supposed to feed cold air into the filter when you get going so that there is a higher density of oxygen per cc of air. The gains are miniscule but its something cheap that doesn't hurt. The only thing that it can do is help and seeign as it costs a tenner many people don't see why not. :)

Hope that answers your Q. :D

More cold air the better thats why your car should run better in the winter rather than summer.