Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Toyota Should I Buy?

Bug

Hi,

I used to have a MR2 Turbo which i loved and before that i had a MR2 non turbo. I had to get rid of my turbo as i did about 100 miles a day, 5 days a week and was very heavy in fuel. I finally have the option to buy a lease car through my company and yay, they do Toyota's! So, with the miles i currently do and with most of it being on high speed A roads and a bit of Motorway, typically between 60 to 80mph, which Toyota would be suitable? I am on a budget so am looking at;

1.33 IQ's (various models)

1.0 Aygo (various models)

1.33 Yaris VVT i TR 6 speed

Would the 1.0's be capable or are they ruled out for a 1.33 minimum (so would leave me with various IQ's and one Yaris)

I havent yet seen a real IQ but they look small, can you get a dog in the back?

Many thanks,

Nat

Honestly? None of the above.

They are all FWD hatchbacks with small engines. More suited to popping up to the shops that commuting on Motorways.

This will now flush all the owners out the woodwork claiming their car is great at everything. Seriously, it isn't.

The new rage of each is funky looking, big interiors for their size, but plagued by cheap plastics, boring engines and handling, bland interiors and feel like they would blow away in a stong wind. Drivers tend to be "Daddy's princess" student types, or older generation who couldn't afford the new Fiat 500.

After the MR2 they'll feel underpowered, slow, and a pain on the motorway. I had a NA mk2 MR2, and then a turbo after aswell. So have been in a similar position.

But then the current Toyota lineup offers little of interest.

What does the car scheme allow? What is your budget? What are you currently driving?

EDIT - just seen your car is a Migraine. I'd be looking at something more Corolla (UK - Auris), Civic, Golf etc.

(All in my opinion).

Honestly? None of the above.

They are all FWD hatchbacks with small engines. More suited to popping up to the shops that commuting on Motorways.

This will now flush all the owners out the woodwork claiming their car is great at everything. Seriously, it isn't.

The new rage of each is funky looking, big interiors for their size, but plagued by cheap plastics, boring engines and handling, bland interiors and feel like they would blow away in a stong wind. Drivers tend to be "Daddy's princess" student types, or older generation who couldn't afford the new Fiat 500.

After the MR2 they'll feel underpowered, slow, and a pain on the motorway. I had a NA mk2 MR2, and then a turbo after aswell. So have been in a similar position.

But then the current Toyota lineup offers little of interest.

What does the car scheme allow? What is your budget? What are you currently driving?

EDIT - just seen your car is a Migraine. I'd be looking at something more Corolla (UK - Auris), Civic, Golf etc.

(All in my opinion).

Ha ha haa a Migraine! Thats a great and extremely apt name for it. Spent loads and loads on that money pit hence wanting to take the opportunity of a lease car as money is tight and it seems a cheap deal overall.

They do have an Auris (I like those too!) but thats about £239 a month whereas the Yaris is £209, MPG is better on the Yaris too compared to the Auris so was hoping the enhanced MPG would also make the leasing more affordable.

I went to the Toyota garage yesterday and yes, the IQ is quite small, not sure i would get my Basset in the back so the Yaris would definately be my preferred of the two. The stats for the Yaris (and IQ oddly!) all beat my Migraine so it would seem they would be up to the job if i can get one.

Thanks for the response!

Nat

Why would you put your dog in the back? :unsure:

My Red Setter always sat in the front seat beside me in my Kangaroo Van :lol:

Was talking to a Cop friend one day & he asked me why my dog wasn't wearing a seat belt :blink:

He was well behaved & used to it. Never budged from HIS seat, ever.

Was talking to a Cop friend one day & he asked me why my dog wasn't wearing a seat belt :blink:

He was well behaved & used to it. Never budged from HIS seat, ever.

Are you serious? :o

What if you have an accident? You'll be picking dog bits out of your dash.

ALWAYS belt your dog in.