Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Recall Problems

micky j

Hi i have a yaris its just one year old at the start of this month its done 8000 km/ 5000 mile it was recalled for the accelarator refit since then when you let off the throttel while decending a hill the ccar starts to lurch took it back they say nothing wrong and suggested i start the car five or ten mins before i set off.

Has any one heard off any others this has happened too.

Hi!Speak you engine code. I am work is car(diagnostic).Measurement fuel pressure and work crankshaft position sensor.

Micky.

" suggested i start the car five or ten mins before i set off."

What a load of rubbish.

Take it back and ask them to fix it properly.

R

To do the fix, they will have added a thin metal plate behind the pedal pivot. That might have changed the way that the pedal pivots and how smoothly you can operate the throttle.

There seem to be a few people raising this issue on the forum, so keep us posted regarding how you get on.

I'm waiting to get my two Yarii fixed until I see more about these issues.

If yours was only 1 year old, its not as if your throttle pedal assembly will have worn much before the fix anyway, so it should be as smooth as before.....

The pedal usually feels lighter after the fix, get them to re-check what shim was used, it might be too thick

Kingo :thumbsup:

Kingo.

I was looking at the Urban Cruser the other day.

Whats your take on the car, cos I've read lots of bad reports on it.

Ray

suggested i start the car five or ten mins before i set off.

Should they persist with this advice (which is complete nonsense) ask them to put it in writing, photocopy it and send the copy to Toyota UK, asking if they agree with it, I'd bet my shirt they won't .... but if they do I'm sure any newspaper would be interested to know about it ..... Leading car manufacturer encorages motorists to waste fuel and polute the planet ..... :wacko: