Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changing Antenna Whip

Øystein

Hi all,

I managed to get my antenna broken off at the car wash (yay me), it's broken right down by the black antenna fixture. I was wondering if it is possible to easily just replace the whip, and not the whole assembly?

I tried to unscrew the assembly, but there aretwo wires connected to it which didn't let me get a good look at the backside of it, and I did not want to pull too hard on them, just in case.

Car: 1993 Carina E XLi.

Cheers

Øystein

newbie car owner.

Hi all,

I managed to get my antenna broken off at the car wash (yay me), it's broken right down by the black antenna fixture. I was wondering if it is possible to easily just replace the whip, and not the whole assembly?

I tried to unscrew the assembly, but there aretwo wires connected to it which didn't let me get a good look at the backside of it, and I did not want to pull too hard on them, just in case.

Cheers

Øystein

newbie car owner.

Hi all,

Cheers

Øystein

newbie car owner.

its very easy to change

1:REMOVE FACIA (JUST UNCLIPS)

2:UNSCREW RADIO

3:UNPLUG AREAL FROM RADIO AND ATTACH A STRING TO THE CABLE

4:UNSCREW AREAL AND REMOVE UNIT WITH STRING ATACHED#

5:attached new cable to string and pull it tru

complete job will take about 30 minute

good luck

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links