Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Any Changes Made To The 2010 Aygo?

PerLan

I would guess not? They all (still) leak ;)

Alot of people talk about there Aygo's leaking but i have never experinced it myself :D

You only hear about the ones that do leak that's why.

Not every single one that doesn't.

The actual percentage of cars that do leak would most likely be very small.

Alot of people talk about there Aygo's leaking but i have never experinced it myself :D

You only hear about the ones that do leak that's why.

Not every single one that doesn't.

The actual percentage of cars that do leak would most likely be very small.

My wife has had a '55 reg Aygo+ 5dr, that only needed a new water pump and radiator and rear hatch latch, and gave 22,000 miles on the front Continental Conti Eco 3's, at a cost of £115.

She got a great deal trading in last year for an Aygo Platinum 5dr, on Toyota Finance @ 4.9% apr over 36 months (HP).

Both cars were showroom prepared and shed the grime we get, as the gales lash the rain like a jet-wash. No real water leaks, except for the penny-pinching now deleting the driver's side bonnet seal, letting the wind-chill onto the oil-filler, enhancing the old "mayo", and rusting the clutch operating lever. We got a seal free, and a new radiator cap as ours was passing a little water outside the plastic pipe it is on top of. We don't have the very latest water pump, nor the '09 version of glove compartment lid, but we have no trouble with the hinged-catch version, that looks just like the new sliding catch version.

If we still had the '55 reg one it would have needed a new clutch very soon, judging by the high pedal at bite-point. I am sure that we have an improved clutch in the new one.

There are a lot of these cars in town, including the clones.

If I wanted more space I would go for a Diahatsu Sirion, which is largely a Toyota, using their engines, and gets badged as a Toyota in some markets. It has a 5 year warranty and recovery. You get a choice of the 3-pot 1 litre motor, and 1.3 and 1.5 Mk 1 Yaris engines, a bigger boot, and versatile rear seating, and lots of kit as standard.

except for the penny-pinching now deleting the driver's side bonnet seal, letting the wind-chill onto the oil-filler, enhancing the old "mayo", and rusting the clutch operating lever.

I think actually it's deliberately missing. It's the air intake, same on my 06 Aygo.

Paul.

except for the penny-pinching now deleting the driver's side bonnet seal, letting the wind-chill onto the oil-filler, enhancing the old "mayo", and rusting the clutch operating lever.

I think actually it's deliberately missing. It's the air intake, same on my 06 Aygo.

Paul.

Yeah, it is a deliberate omission... I asked the guy behind the service desk when I was sorting out the airbag light problem in December (thinking it had fallen off!), and he said it's deliberately not there. Can't remember the reason why, but it's part of the design anyway. Mine's a 56 Aygo, same year as PaulT's.

• 4 weeks later...
If I wanted more space I would go for a Diahatsu Sirion, which is largely a Toyota, using their engines, and gets badged as a Toyota in some markets. It has a 5 year warranty and recovery. You get a choice of the 3-pot 1 litre motor, and 1.3 and 1.5 Mk 1 Yaris engines, a bigger boot, and versatile rear seating, and lots of kit as standard.

Or is the Aygo largely Daihatsu?

The Daihatsu Materia is certainly just a rebadged Toyota. The Aygo / C1 / 107 are Europe specific models designed by Toyota but the engine and a lot of the running gear and other parts which did not need redeveloped seem to be Daihatsu designed items.

P.S The latest Daihatsu Mira not available in the UK, Its like SE Asia equivilent to Aygo Think Japan Australia and some other markets has an even later version of the Aygo engine. Seems to manage similar economy to Aygo byt faster off the mark. 0-60 under 12 sec. Something like 60bhp , 90lb ft torque compared to Aygo 68bhp. 68 lb ft.

I've allways seen the Materia as a Rebadged Scion, Toyota's "youth"-brand in the USA...

I've allways seen the Materia as a Rebadged Scion, Toyota's "youth"-brand in the USA...

Scion are horrid cars even in the US of A and by their [low] standards. Who on earth had the bright idea of bringing he Scion xD to the UK and rebadging it as a Toyota Urban Cruiser?! And then they wonder why their reputation is going down the pan!

New ones have. Different bumpers front and back, only slightly diferent, not better not worse or anything? just different.

Steering wheel is thinner (leather one at least), Leather gearnob has metal look bit in the middle back with the numbers on it. Not as nice,

Speedo has red numbers, instead of the black ones which light up orange at night. Presume red ones light up red?

Models which had rev counter now dont have rev counter.

Thinner oil as standard removes 1 from CO2 rating. Some electrics cut fuel between gear shifts? cutting 2 off the CO2, on paper anyway. Suspect will not make a difference to careful drivers. Changes tp glovebox lid , but thats an option not isn't it?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links