Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Procedure To Reinstate My Spare Master Key Which Has Lost Its Code

keith66

I have a 2001 avensis vermont automatic 1.8 vvti. My master ignition key unlock rubber button has broke off and i want to use my spare black master key.

My problem is that although the spare key locks and unlocks the doors it will not start the engine,which starts immediately when i use my old master key.

Does anyone know the procedure to enable my spare key to talk to the ecu as it seems that not being used since i puchased the car 9 years ago it has lost its

code.

I would very much appreciate it if anyone can help me.

Toyota Avensis July 2000 - 2003

A total of four remotes can be programmed into the system.

Starting conditions:

- Car unlocked

- Driver's door open

- No key in ignition

Carry out the following within 5 seconds:

Put the key into the ignition and then remove it twice. Do this without turning the ignition on.

Carry out the following within 40 seconds:

Close and open the driver's door twice.

Put the key into the ignition and then remove it. Do this without turning the ignition on.

Carry out the following within 40 seconds:

Close and open the driver's door twice.

Put the key into ignition.

Close the driver's door.

Turn the ignition on/off once to program a new remote and keep existing remote(s).

or

Turn the ignition on/off twice to program a new remote and delete existing remote(s).

Remove the key from the ignition.

The central locking should now lock and unlock once to program a new remote and keep existing remote(s).

or

The central locking should now lock and unlock twice to program a new remote and delete existing remote(s).

Carry out the following within 20 seconds:

Avensis - Press the lock button on the remote for at least 1 second.

Carry out the following within 3 seconds:

Press the lock button on the remote for at least 1 second.

The central locking should now lock and unlock once.

If the central locking locks and unlocks twice the sequence has not been successfully.

Open the driver's to complete the sequence.

Hi,

If you find this does not work for you, please advise & I can give you the procedure that worked for me. The above never worked, as I'm sure the procedure above is for cars up to 2000 only.

Cheers,

Marv

Hi,

If you find this does not work for you, please advise & I can give you the procedure that worked for me. The above never worked, as I'm sure the procedure above is for cars up to 2000 only.

Cheers,

Marv

It worked on my daughters 1.8 VVTI 2001.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Cheers,

Marv

I have tried many times using the method that marama32 suggested(for which i thank him very much) but unfortunately the method does not seem to work on my car.So i would appreciate it if you let me know the method that you use Marv. Thanks in advance.

Keith

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links