Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1-0 To The Customer

Big_Dan

Hi Guys,

I thought I would share a bit of news regarding my local garage.

Having asked on here about a squeaking problem recently, I finally got it booked in to my local garage.

Got a call later in the day to say all fixed, just build up of break dust between pad and disc, happy days!! or so i thought!

Picked the car up, and being the fussy sod I am, thought I'd give it a good check..... just as well I did, as they had jacked my car up by the mud flap!!

Underside of passenger arch is dented, wing is slightly bowed in..... and it's booked in next week for a new wing, new mudflaps and spray!! But have to spray the door too.... Not a bad way to spend £800!!

So always pays to check the car EVERYWHERE, as I can see me having a bit of a row with them had I left the forecourt!!

By local garage you don't mean a Toyota main dealer?

Yeah the local Toyota garage in Romford.

The guy was pretty honest with me, he basically admitted that they have been so busy trying to finish the recalls, that they pretty much rushed the job on mine... Nice to feel valued!!

Personally, that's shocking service from a company that does know better. How long would it have taken to jack the car up properly? The mechanic should have known better, unless of course, they are employing chimpanzees. I'm happy to accept that independent garages might employ chimps but Toyota do not. Then again, I did notice my dealer had big bunches of bananas lying all over the place! Seriously, in these difficult times that Toyota are experiencing it's true to say you are not their only customer. The simple truth though is that you should have been treated as if you were their only customer. I'd really want answers and assurances. Best of luck, buddy, hope your unscheduled "recall" works out well for you. If they offer you bananas as a gift, well...you've been warned!

Personally, that's shocking service from a company that does know better. How long would it have taken to jack the car up properly? The mechanic should have known better, unless of course, they are employing chimpanzees. I'm happy to accept that independent garages might employ chimps but Toyota do not. Then again, I did notice my dealer had big bunches of bananas lying all over the place! Seriously, in these difficult times that Toyota are experiencing it's true to say you are not their only customer. The simple truth though is that you should have been treated as if you were their only customer. I'd really want answers and assurances. Best of luck, buddy, hope your unscheduled "recall" works out well for you. If they offer you bananas as a gift, well...you've been warned!

I dont think I would trust them ever again jacking up a car is just very basic stuff and if they can't get that right well there's no hope. Maybe you should advise Toyota of what has happened. If you had driven away and not cheked the car over they would have denied evrything and you would have had to pay to sort out the damaged caused by them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links