Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anti- Roll Bar Link May Have Gone?

z-tune-z2

Please ignore the title now!

Basically when I full lock right, theres a nasty sound coming from the front right of the car. Other threads have mentioned that theres a knocking sound or similar. I wouldnt call what I hear knocking, I would say it sounds like applying the brakes when rusted up, as if metal was just grinding together.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: After spending a good hour and more putting in a number of search terms in to the forum, I've found this scraping noise is distinct from ARB issues. The most common problem was the brake guard rubbing due to rust, another post mentioned a driveshaft issue. I'll take a poke around tomorrow as I haven't really had the time. If it isn't raining.

Let us know what it is. I once heard a funny knocking rusty noise from the front two weeks ago but it vansished.

Let us know what it is. I once heard a funny knocking rusty noise from the front two weeks ago but it vansished.

You asked what it is and I can only say that, pushing the stone deflector for the disk (with not an excessive amount of force)/ giving the car a good ragging/ emergency braking a few times, seems to have fixed my problem!

I was inspecting the guard earlier, with the wheel on, and decided to push it away from the disk a little bit. I didn't think I'd used enough force to bend it away, but I prodded it all around the disk to relieve any stones caught between. Proceeded to take it out for a bit of an aggressive drive and chucked in a few emergency stops (when it was safe to do so obviously) to get rid of the rust from the horrendous rain we've been getting recently. Afterwards I went to an empty lot and full locked it right and did about 3 circles at crawling speed and it was as quiet as a mouse! I can usually hear it with my windows up, and even with windows down I heard nothing.

I don't know if it was the drive or the prodding that helped. I normally only use the car for a short commute at city speeds, so its possible that there was a build up of rust somewhere that wasn't being eradicated with the 40 mph braking.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links