Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thinking Of Going For The Newer Avensis

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hello there....

Thinking of getting rid of my current 2001 avensis 1.8vvti...and going for a much newer model...but can't make up my mind about what colour to go for...its a choice between "metallic silver" AND that "gun metal grey"...what do you guys think? I know its personal choice but would appreciate opinions...thanks guys!

Sam

p/s...is there anyone else out there thats likes a silver car because the wheels always match THE BODY COLOUR??? Or am i the only saddo out there lol?

Hello there....

Thinking of getting rid of my current 2001 avensis 1.8vvti...and going for a much newer model...but can't make up my mind between about what colour to go for...its a choice between "metallic silver" AND that "gun metal grey"...what do you guys think? I know its personal choice but would appreciate opinions...thanks guys!

Sam

p/s...is there anyone else out there thats likes a silver car because the wheels always match it??? Or am i the only saddo out there lol?

Well i would go for the lightest colour, funny the darker the colour the more you end up cleaning the thing, but as you say its a personal choice and at the end of the day its up to you "silver wheels or not" White is nice and they too seem to keep cleaner.

I went for the Pure White colour as I was bored with all the Grey, Grey or Grey options from Toyota.

I am delighted. The new Avensis is stunning in white. It stands out in the gloom, I can see it easily in a carpark and best of all it doesn't seem to get dirty.

Great

If you're buying used of course, and assuming that it's the right car for you, mechanically, cosmetically, and financially, then you have to accept the colour that it is.

My car is Silver Steel, it wouldn't have been my first choice colour (too many of 'em about!), but I've grown to like it, and it doesn't seem to show the dirt too much. My experience is that white cars DO get dirty very quickly.

Personally I would have liked a nice metallic red, but Mr.T doesn't appear to favour that colour any more......

Well as you say Sam, its a matter of personal choice.

I am on my 2nd Avensis. The first one was a gun metal grey 03 reg. It was a T4 with the Tspirit wheels, so they looked AMAZING. the colour was in my opinion much much better than the the other silvers they did for that range. The white one for that type of avensis was not a very good one, clean or not. however the NEW avensis (2009 onwards) in white is another matter - i think that looks FAB!

However, after writing off my gun metal grey T4 in spectacular fashion, I was keen to find another one. Sadly there were none to be found in the spec i wanted, so plumped for another one (2004model) in black. And i have to say that it looks just as fab today as it does when i bought it all those years ago! Maybe you might want to consider the black? if black is not your thing, I'd go for the grey everytime. for the most part, there are not as many of them on the roads as the usual silver.

i tend to wash the car usually once a week or every 2 weeks at most, so to be fair, the dirt is never an issue. if you are like minded, i think the "hide the dirt" factor of each colour is immaterial. but again, everyone has an opinion.

now if you are going for the latest model avensis, i would find it very very hard to resist the white. but theres not too many about to choose from so again i would plump for black.

either way, lets hope the newer one is more of a pleasure to own than your existing one.... ;)

For practical reasons, I chose the light metalic silver... a Silver Shadow. :)

When it gets dirty it doesn't show, and after it's cleaned it's a new car again.

Another advantage is that it doesn't get so hot inside.

If you like cleaning and polishing, choose black.

But whatever you choose, get one that isn't haunted. ;)

I have a dark blue 2010 T4 it shows EVERY speck of dust ,,,, next time i will go for the lightest colour poss :huh:

Red would have been my choice but with Toyota its grey, grey, silver or grey, black or as good as black dark blue :angry:

I love my Dark Blue car but as has been suggested it is a bugger to keep clean. My Land Cruiser was silver and that tended not to show the dirt. Just 2 days ago I saw an Avensis Tourer in Grey and that looked quite smart. White seems to have become the colour of choice right now but I would be unsure when buying a car in a 'fashion' colour.

Obviously colour is down to personal preference when buying a new car so give it some serious thought. However, whatever colour that is chosen I am sure you will be happy with the car.... good luck :thumbsup:

Hi Sam,

Mines Dark Blue Metallic and its always been a pain regarding showing up even the smallest scratch .

A lot of comment about Toyotas paintwork being soft and prone scratching.

Afraid I really do not like Toyotas in White, I know its supposed to be the new Silver but it still screams Smokey to me.

Think it would have to be a lighter coloured Silver for me, plenty around so you won't have to pay a colour premium.

Will miss all your posts if you do get a new one though :driving:

Hi Sam,

Mines Dark Blue Metallic and its always been a pain regarding showing up even the smallest scratch .

Afraid I really do not like Toyotas in White, I know its supposed to be the new Silver but it still screams Smokey to me.

Think it would have to be a lighter coloured Silver for me, plenty around so you won't have to pay a colour premium.

GUYS...

You guys are the best...very impressed with all that feedback...I always wanted a white car...not very keen on blacks/dark blues because of the regular polishing issues...sooooooooo...if i can find a beautiful metallic gun metal grey then i think thats the one...otherwise light metallic silver for me! Red would be a real shiner but i've had too many red cars in life and as said Toyota seem to prefer dark maroony reds these days!!! it must have leather all the extra little chrome bits!!! The hunt is on...

sam

Hi Sam,

GUYS...

You guys are the best...very impressed with all that feedback...I always wanted a white car...not very keen on blacks/dark blues because of the regular polishing issues...sooooooooo...if i can find a beautiful metallic gun metal grey then i think thats the one...otherwise light metallic silver for me! Red would be a real shiner but i've had too many red cars in life and as said Toyota seem to prefer dark maroony reds these days!!! it must have leather all the extra little chrome bits!!! The hunt is on...

sam

nice one! That grey is wicked!

couldnt look for one for me could ya?! ;)

or as good as black dark blue :angry:

Sorry but beg to differ, I've got a Dark Blue and it looks nowhere near as Dark as the brochure depicts and hides grime quite well, but I got it because I wanted a cream interior and it was either that or black

I have a 55 in dark blue - not my choice but found it to be cheaper than the greys. Had it a week and had to clean it today - shows dirt off quite badly,

I`ve got an Avensis in Black and as previously stated,i`ve done nothing but clean it in the last six weeks i`ve owned it. That said,it does seerm a bit more of an exclusive colour and looks fantastic when its all polished up :yes:

post-90240-126979120402_thumb.jpg

I`ve got an Avensis in Black and as previously stated,i`ve done nothing but clean it in the last six weeks i`ve owned it. That said,it does seerm a bit more of an exclusive colour and looks fantastic when its all polished up :yes:

i agree, when its been cleaned it looks fab, and not that many around. yes it does show up the dirt more than some other colours, but like i said before, if you wash it once a week or so, its absolutely fine!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links