Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Passenger Electric Window Front Not Working ?

geordiejohn

Hello i have got an x-reg yaris 1.3 cdi auto and the front passenger window does not open or close,i looked in the manual and it seems there is one fuse for both windows so it is not the fuse as the drivers side works,does anyone know what else it could be please ?

thank you.

It could be a loose wire, a faulty switch, a poor earth or a faulty motor.

Have you by mistake pressed the switch on the drivers door that disables the switch on the passengers door.

Before you take your car apart, try the simple things first like pressing the button on the driver’s side that stops the passenger side from being used!

It’s an old time classic mistake :thumbsup:

:lol:

Before you take your car apart, try the simple things first like pressing the button on the driver’s side that stops the passenger side from being used!

i will try that tonight.

"i will try that tonight."

AND.................................

If that dont work....

Hold down the window switch with Ignt' on and give the Lower inside of the door panel a really good hard thump.

It could be just a sticky motor.

R

thank you all ok now it was the button on the driver’s side that stops the passenger side from being used.

thank you all ok now it was the button on the driver’s side that stops the passenger side from being used.

Hi there,need help with my Yaris.

All of sudden both front windows stopped working.

Checked all the fuses but the seem fine (not 100% which one is for windows but my brother checked them all and he thinks they are fine).

No noise at all once you try to open any window:(

Any idea what to try next?

:thumbsup:

• 5 years later...

Hope this isn't a daft question, but can Yaris (Hybrid 2014) owners confirm that the button on the driver's side that disables the passenger window also stops the switch on the driver's side that operates the passenger window from working? Passenger window has been behaving strangely lately...

Hope this isn't a daft question, but can Yaris (Hybrid 2014) owners confirm that the button on the driver's side that disables the passenger window also stops the switch on the driver's side that operates the passenger window from working? Passenger window has been behaving strangely lately...
Correct, it stops all operation, even by the driver.

• 4 years later...

I have a 00 yaris. 

Driver Window wont close or open   driver door wont lock on remote . 

No other issues I replaced the switch  under the buttons,  same issue 

• 3 years later...
On 3/26/2010 at 7:22 PM, reece said:

Thank you this just saved my freak out 😂 didn't have it in my previous car. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links