Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi All New Here ! Xxx

miss_sillycar

Hi all! im new to the forum! i can see the forum is pretty comprehensive and friendly so decided to join in hope i can learn more about cars in general and more about my celica as well...its only a piddy 140 but i luv it to bits =) but being not the most mechanical...i need some help in regards to my ABS light...i have had friends tell me when it comes on i can self diagnose it without taking it to the local stealership! i have done a search and learnt the 'paperclip' trick...but i cant locate as to whereabouts im suppose to plug it in...been looking under the bonnet all day =(

thanks for any help i can get =D xxx

Welcome

You need to bridge terminals E1 and TE1 in the diagnostics box, however Im not sure you can do this on a gen7. Hopefully one of the 7 guys will be along shortly to give you a definate answer. :thumbsup:

you won't have one as the Gen7 will have an OBDII port. you'll need to either take it to a local garage which has diagnostic equipment or wait till someone in the Gen7 know tells you another way. welcome to the club

I was told that by a friend but also been told there is a diagnostics box which i can use the 'paperclip' trick... =( xxx

You can't do the "paperclip trick" on your car is what we are trying to say!!

There may have simply been some dirt got into one of the ABS wheel sensors, which hopefully may have moved on by now. Try disconnecting the Battery to reset the fault and see if it returns. You can get pretty cheap OBDII scanners which do the job.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links