Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav Instructions

ickabamboo

can anyone help in the set up of my sat nav, the disc is in and i've managed to get the voice on and clear the last persons homing device!!! - i understand it doesn't use post codes -just street names but how do i put them in ???

on mine you scroll to set destination with the large round knob then press the same knob for ok then start spelling out the town ect scrolling

with the same knob and pressing it for ok and so on if you make a mistake press back to be honest its a bit naff better off buying a tomtom i

seldom use mine

yeah must agree its a bit of a nightmare to set

but when done its quite accurate

the prob with mine is the screen isn't coloured

and the on screen info difficult to read

but the direction instructions are good

mines a 2006 disc

whats the latest one like in comparison??

are they expensive ??

also no speed camera on mine

is it on the later discs???

• 6 years later...

I have a 2 1/2 year avensis all was well until after leaving it for an hour wed came back and the sat nav screen was dead, after about another hours driving the map started to faintly show through but nowhere near as bright as it was.

My daytime running lights had gone off as well

I took it to my Toyota dealer who said they had to replace two side light bulbs as that had stopped the day running lights working so two bulbs fitted and hey ho driving lights running again but although the sat nav is a bit better than when it went in it is still not as bright as when we first got the car can anybody please help I hope I have not bought a Friday special

John  

have you adjusted the screen brightness/contrast?

hi Scott

Thanks for your suggestion but I have only just got the car and no sat nav instructions with it so I lost as to how to adjust the

brightness/contrast

I am assuming that you have got Touch & Go (you haven't listed what grade your car is or what model of head unit) so hope that this is the appropriate manual.

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/{7800871C-8234-9757-91F3-79F246498234}/Display_Audio_OM20B60E_ENG_LR.pdf page 178/179

Hi Scott

Thanks for your instruction book which you sent me it has answered all my questions and my brightness has got better. I am sorry about not having sent details about the touch and go sat nav but you've certainly  helped me.

Thanks again and stay safe

John

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links