Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

5 Years Warranty / Free Servicing

Exmeg2

Just as my confidence in Toyota was slowly returning after the accelerator recall the company has hit me, and others, with the announcement that buyers of 2010 cars will have the choice of a 5 years warranty or 3 years free servicing. Now, as I look out of my office window at my 5 months old Auris with its 3 years warranty I wish that I had spent my money elsewhere.

Just as my confidence in Toyota was slowly returning after the accelerator recall the company has hit me, and others, with the announcement that buyers of 2010 cars will have the choice of a 5 years warranty or 3 years free servicing. Now, as I look out of my office window at my 5 months old Auris with its 3 years warranty I wish that I had spent my money elsewhere.

I'm in the same position. However this is just the latest in a line of offers, and has no bearing on the value of your existing car. When I bought my Auris I benefitted from £ 1000 off in addition to any dealer savings plus low interest finance - that was the offer at the time. Other manufacturers have offered five year warranties for limited periods of time - Daihatsu and Fiat for example. Kia went through a stage of offering standard seven year warranties on some cars (the Ce'ed),and five years on others.

When I bought mine I got a great price and a 0% finance deal. No point in looking backwards, you could have bought any car from any manufacturer just before some offer or other came out. My advice .... relax and enjoy your car :)

When I bought mine I got a great price and a 0% finance deal. No point in looking backwards, you could have bought any car from any manufacturer just before some offer or other came out. My advice .... relax and enjoy your car :)

Seconded :yes:

I hear what your saying but I do feel a bit put out because I paid for and got a new Verso this Thursday and there was no mention of this at all, think I`ll be able to do anything about it ?

I have a feeling in the current climate if you let your dealer know just how unhappy you are they may make a goodwill gesture.

I have a feeling in the current climate if you let your dealer know just how unhappy you are they may make a goodwill gesture.

Fingers crossed !

The terms and conditions of this offer on the Toyota website state:

"Offers only available to retail customers on vehicles ordered between 1 April & 30 June 2010 and registered before 31 December 2010."

The terms and conditions of this offer on the Toyota website state:

"Offers only available to retail customers on vehicles ordered between 1 April & 30 June 2010 and registered before 31 December 2010."

What?! They are offering a 5 year warranty to NEW customers when we are the ones who have suffered and lived through the nightmare chain of one recall after another?! Not to mention the old design interior more likely to go wrong. The revised auris has allowed for all the issues/faults. They dont need an extra 2 years of warranty, WE DO!! When is toyota ever going to learn to keep its EXISTING customers happy rather than attract new ones. At the end of the day it is we toyota owners who are going to want to buy another one if we are happy!

ABZ-T2 :angry:

This is just the latest in a line of offers that Toyota, like other manufacturers, use to attract new car sales. The offer is for a limted time. As I quoted before when I bought my Auris the offer available was £ 1000 off plus low interest finance. It is not as though Toyota are extending the warranty permanently to five years.

The offer of a five year warranty or three years servicing is in place of the £1000 off and low interest finance.

I bought a new 1.6 SR in January 2009. I was offered £2,250 off plus 0% finance for three years; total price on road with a few extras was £13,400.

The 'new improved' version is definately a better car, so should I have waited?

I worked out that to get the same on the road price today would be equal to a discount of £4,000, very unlikely! - I am a happy bunny even if I only have five gears instead of six.

There will always be a better deal tomorrow but most of us have to buy at a certain time, in our case our old Rover had finally expired.

Its all marketing folks however you dress it up.

One way or another they keep finding ways for us to buy them.Whether its a loaf of bread or a new car they have a million ways of making us buy it.

Has the list price increased in line with this new offer ?

Just put my new Auris details into the Toyota site for curiosity and it says prices now shown are incorrect.

I took delivery of a new Auris last week and no mention of this offer, but when I ordered the car 3 weeks or so ago was told of a price rise around April I think... not 100% sure on that. Mangaged to secure just over 2K off the list price with full set of mats and flaps included too.

I'm wondering whether to take the option of the 7 year service plan at just over £14 a month 0%apr direct debit, which covers all servicing and scheduled parts and all MOT's for the life of the plan.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links