Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service Costs

Rich H

Just been pricing the cost of a 40k service for my Aygo. Two local dealers came in at £236 and £242. Large local independent £143, including replacing the pollen filter. How can main dealers justify this difference?

Just been pricing the cost of a 40k service for my Aygo. Two local dealers came in at £236 and £242. Large local independent £143, including replacing the pollen filter. How can main dealers justify this difference?

They can't justify it - but someone has to be ripped off.

My Toyota dealer has quoted me £149 pounds sterling for the 40k/40,000 mile service.

(I put ''pounds sterling'' because most of our European Aygo members don't have the

£ symbol on their keyboard)

The variation can be justified because different dealer groups (remember these are franchises after all) have different labour rates and cost structures. Hence the variance. But ultimately, they charge what they believe people are willing to pay. there is nothing stopping you from haggling or better yet, investing in a Toyota GB Service Pack :)

You can ask for a bare bones service, if you look in your service book there is no mention of an engine flush or a petrol additive but dealer do it anyway :angry: , just say you don't want all the unneeded extras and see what the price comes back as.

I would invest in a service plan. My first three services total up to £168 a pop paying £14 a month for 3 years 0%interest. This includes everything including what some might deem "unneeded extras". So its not bad I.M.O.

And you don't have to think about saving for the big lump some each year. You just take it down, flash your service plan card and have it done.

And you get an official dealer doing it for you for the same price a local garage would charge.

• 2 weeks later...

They can't justify it - but someone has to be ripped off.

My Toyota dealer has quoted me £149 pounds sterling for the 40k/40,000 mile service.

(I put ''pounds sterling'' because most of our European Aygo members don't have the

£ symbol on their keyboard)

Where is your dealer based?

(My quote:

Aygo 4yr / 40k Full Service :

Without brake fluid change £229.65 Inc

With brake fluid change £252.86 Inc

Service includes:

oil and filter change

air filter change

spark plug change

rear brakes stripped, cleaned and adjusted

injector cleaner added to fuel system

brake fluid drain & replaced (recommened every 2 years / 40,000 miles)

The full service can be carried out while-you-wait, with an approx waiting time upto 2 1/2 hours, but aiming to complete within 2 hours.

If you prefer a courtesy car can be booked, there is a £10 administration fee to cover insurance of the car for the day. We will require

2 - 3 weeks notice for the use of a courtesy car.)

Pleased to report that the service I had done by the independent was top class, including flushing fuel lines and engine for £159.

Car was collected and brought back about 3 hours later, washed and valeted inside. Checked all filters replaced and plugs. They had also lubricated hinges. Feels better, though too early to say if economy is slightly better with new plugs and oil. Will use them again!

Rich :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked online and my dealer is quoting £169 for a full service including collection and delivery from my home.

Have also seen a similair car online with double the milage of mine sat at £6000.

a good morning all round

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links