Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prado D4D Hesitation During Acceleration

cvladut

Hello,

I've got an Toyota LC4 Prado 3L D4D, my baby is hesitating during acceleration, no power at all (the engine sounds like turbo is not working), after 4-5 sec power is back until i change the gear, and the story is repeting.

I've cleand the EGR vale, new oringinal filtres, throttle sensor is ok and I use only Shell V-POWER...I don't know what to do. Please can anyone give me an advice.

Thenk you.

Hello,

I've got an Toyota LC4 Prado 3L D4D, my baby is hesitating during acceleration, no power at all (the engine sounds like turbo is not working), after 4-5 sec power is back until i change the gear, and the story is repeting.

I've cleand the EGR vale, new oringinal filtres, throttle sensor is ok and I use only SHELL V-POWER...I don't know what to do. Please can anyone give me an advice.

Thenk you.

hi cvladut

ok you ve cleaned the EGR. yr next step is to remove and test all injectors on the stand. be sure one or several just pour diesel but not to inject it with special sound. it is understood the more pouring the more time to convert diesel into gas giving bad performance of your turbo etc.Cheers/Igor

• 6 years later...

Hello, 

Did you manage to sort this problem out? I have exactly the same issue. Thanjs

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I'm having the same problem, too. Did anyone of you managed to fix the issue?

Regards

• 2 months later...

I had this problem in my first  2004 auto Lc4, got it hooked up to a computer and had all the faults reset, never anymore problems....

• 6 months later...

Have you tried cleaning the Mass Air Flow sensor.

It may not help but is still well worth the 20mins and £10.00 spent,did mine a few weeks ago and WOW what a difference

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links