Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 D-4D Xt4 2004

slinky2k

Hi all and thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully help me on my topic.

I'm currently looking at buying a Rav4 d-4d XT4, 2004 model however I've heard conflicting information about the four wheel drive system.

I've been told that the 2004 is:

All wheel drive where the back wheels only get drive if there is a difference in rotation sensed between the front and back wheels.

Constant four wheel drive.

Front wheel drive only.

I figured where better to double check than the Toyota website .. right? But it doesn't say in the downloadable PDF on vehicle spec.

Any helpful information would be very much appreciated.

Hi and welcome to the club.

The car you are looking at is permenant 4WD. It has a conventional transverse arrangement but with a transfer box and a propshaft to the rear axle. The rear diff on that model is conventional i.e. not limited slip. There is no third diff as the drive cleverly picks up on the front diff and there is nothing switchable so you cannot disengage it.

It is a great car and I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Regards

Hi and welcome to the club.

The car you are looking at is permenant 4WD. It has a conventional transverse arrangement but with a transfer box and a propshaft to the rear axle. The rear diff on that model is conventional i.e. not limited slip. There is no third diff as the drive cleverly picks up on the front diff and there is nothing switchable so you cannot disengage it.

It is a great car and I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Regards

Great, thanks Anchorman, cant wait to get it. Got a great deal and it's both the first Toyota I've owned and the first 4x4. Really excited!!

We like the odd photo to allow a good cyber kick.

You'll have lots of questions so feel free.