Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlight ?

andycam06

You will get a H4 from any local motor spares shop, petrol station and even supermarkets.

I would advise changing both, because when one goes the other one won’t be far behind. Then keep the good one you’ve changed as a spare :thumbsup:

If you can afford to wait a couple of days for delivery, get a pair of Phillips X-Treme vision H4 bulbs off eBay.

They get rave reviews and are much brighter than standard bulbs.

There are many other types of "brighter" H4 bulbs, but these are currently the best...

well ill give that site a try :thumbsup:

as i said my bulb is 60/55w , one of my mates gave me a bulb that looked the same but was 100/80w

didnt want to use it so went to motor factors but 100/80w was the lowest he stocked, so i bought them and have them on but dont look near as good as the old bulbs.

the olds ones passed easily as 6k or 8k hids

while on the subject how much hassle do yous have when changing passenger headlight bulbs ?

i took the bulb out the other day to check what it was and just took out Battery but when putting bulb in today i took out Battery and fusebox.

alot of messing for a bulb, driver side is a doddle though

is there any vitz owners here or is that in the import section ?

the bulbs i bought are an identical match in looks but not profermance :crybaby:

iam just wondering if the bulb that was in it was a standard factory issue hid type bulb ?

the new bulb is crisp white and very good but the 'boss' wants her blue tint lights.

:help::help::help::help::help:

The 100/80s are not road legal and the extra heat generated may mark or melt the headlight reflector - so be aware...

Any tinted lights won't put out as much light. If you want the "brightest legal bulb" then the Philips X-treme are bright white and as good as you can get.

If you're not interested in having the brightest headlights and just want lights that are dimmer but look pretty, then go for some tinted ones, but I can't advise...

That blue tinted bulb in the photo won't be factory issue.....

I've always changed the passenger bulbs without removing the fusebox or Battery. Its a bit fiddly but perfectly possible.

The 100/80s are not road legal and the extra heat generated may mark or melt the headlight reflector - so be aware...

Any tinted lights won't put out as much light. If you want the "brightest legal bulb" then the Philips X-treme are bright white and as good as you can get.

If you're not interested in having the brightest headlights and just want lights that are dimmer but look pretty, then go for some tinted ones, but I can't advise...

That blue tinted bulb in the photo won't be factory issue.....

I've always changed the passenger bulbs without removing the fusebox or battery. Its a bit fiddly but perfectly possible.

have you the hands of a 5 year old :P

na i didnt think they would be factory but they are made in japan and came with the car.

yea thought that meself about the 100/80 and said it to the lad but he said hes sold loads and nodoby has come back yet, and thats the lowest strenght, he has something like 140/100 aswell, thats would burn her to a crisp i would say

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with alfiejts. I've got a pair of Philips X-treme and can't fault them. They're very, very bright, had them for a few months now and no problems so far. I didn't bother to disconnect the Battery or fiddle with the fusebox either. Its fiddly, requires a lot of patience, concentration and whatever you do don’t touch the bulb! I wore a pair of plastic gloves that you can get from most petrol stations. The driver’s side is easy but the passenger’s side is a right blegger!