Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Petrol Prices

jonnnnnnnnnnnno

The price of oil is as low as it has been for a while,

the oil companies have simply jacked their prices up and

the government will not do anything

as they rake in extra VAT for every increase.

See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it

We are hitting 114.9 a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying 1.50 a ltr.

Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT,whoever thought of this idea,

has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers.

With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol!

And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce

their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will

have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers.

It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over

THREE MILLION consumers!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... ...

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt,

all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8days!!! Acting together we can make a difference . If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 90p a LITRE RANGE

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e.. boycott BP and Esso.

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e.. boycott BP and Esso.

I already do boycott BP , i still occasionally use Esso though as their prices are not always as high as BP and Texaco , the list to boycott should also include Texaco , their prices along with BP are always upto 5 pence a litre dearer than anywhere else , i haven't used either Bp or Texaco for at least 2 years now , it always pains me when i see their forecourts full of cars filling up , it doesn't make any sense , it makes me laugh how people can get worked up enough about things that don't matter , like making sure Simon cowell's act didn't make Christmas No1 by buying and downloading Rage against the machine in their thousands , yet when it comes to something like this , as i said before , people will simply just shrug their shoulders and carry on , cos they can't be bothered .

The price of oil is as low as it has been for a while,

the oil companies have simply jacked their prices up

Yeah oil companies are having a ball at the moment...not! :angry:

Britain HAD nine major oil refineries:

Ineos Grangemouth - for sale!

Petroplus Teeside - shutdown converted to a terminal.

Total Lindsey - for sale!

Conoco Humber

Petroplus Coryton

Esso Fawley

Chevron Pembroke - for sale!

Murco Milford Haven

Shell Stanlow - for sale!

Refineries in Europe, the States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Japan are also being put up for sale or shutdown.

When the dust has settled Europe will end relying on State owned refineries in the Middle East for fuel.....does that make you feel more secure! :eek:

If you want to vent your angry, direct it at sucessive government who tax the oil has it comes out of the North Sea and then tax it again when you fill up your cars! :censor:

We are hitting 114.9 a litre in some areas now,

Let me know where you can get unleaded for £114.9 a litre please! I’m paying £120.9 here :censor:

British Petroleum, Chevron, Texaco, Esso, Shell, Total Gulf Oil and Mobil are the big players in the UK with the Refining Distribution and Exploration Facilities.

Doesn’t matter which supermarket you buy your petrol from, it still originates from these big oil companies.

When was the last time you saw an Asda oil rig out in the North Sea?!

Boycotting a particular petrol station (which could be the nearest) and travelling further to refuel thus using more petrol getting there doesn’t seem logical.

This idea was a junk chain email years ago, it always comes back when petrol prices creep up :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

We are hitting 114.9 a litre in some areas now,

Let me know where you can get unleaded for £114.9 a litre please! I’m paying £120.9 here :censor:

British Petroleum, Chevron, Texaco, Esso, Shell, Total Gulf Oil and Mobil are the big players in the UK with the Refining Distribution and Exploration Facilities.

Doesn’t matter which supermarket you buy your petrol from, it still originates from these big oil companies.

When was the last time you saw an Asda oil rig out in the North Sea?!

Boycotting a particular petrol station (which could be the nearest) and travelling further to refuel thus using more petrol getting there doesn’t seem logical.

This idea was a junk chain email years ago, it always comes back when petrol prices creep up :blink:

Im paying 1.28 for Vpower now grrrrr

Its getting so bad i'm thinking of buying one of these to go to work in :lol: :lol2:

EDMongolia018.jpg

On a serious note , i payed £1.17 per litre for diesel yesterday at Sainsbury's ( Gallions Reach )

We have them in Dublin :eek::lol: It is a pity that this was shot at night, but you can see thee motive power in a red Anorak pedalling for all he is worth. Watch out for what he does when he approaches a pretty girl with a pert Bum. He breaks his heart laughing afterwards :lol2:

//www.youtube.com/watch#!v=iF18LItxrrw&feature=related

Edit.....Ouch. I can't get the link to work :angry:

I think some of the price rises are also to get us to use bicycles and things. I wouldn't mind if I didn't need to buy oil to keep it working! :lol:

Thanks, Raist :thumbsup:

I don't know what went wrong as I tried to post it as a video in my usual way & when that wouldn't work, I tried to post the link & no luck either :crybaby:

There is a fleet of them in Dublin & the Lads who do the hard work must be very fit. He would have been carrying two passengers, I suspect :eek:

Did you use this ?

[youtube]ULR[/youtube] 

Or click the add link button (the little chain) and paste in the ULR for embedded video...

Simples thumbsup.gif

Did you use this ?

[youtube]ULR[/youtube] 

Or click the add link button (the little chain) and paste in the ULR for embedded video...

Simples thumbsup.gif

Thanks again, Raist :thumbsup: I will give it a try later :lol: I had them working ok since the change in TOC, but found yesterday that none would load :(

me and the missus havent used BP (or esso for the matter) for about 3 years - we always use Shell! BP alwyas seems more expensive up here than the Shell garages in our area.

paid 124.9p for Vpower this morning. sickening

there is a simiar idea going around facebook at the moment where they are asking people to not buying ANY fuel at all on 1st (i think!) of May for one day.

Why do people keep complaining about the price of petrol going up?

I still only put £10.00 in...

But rather more often than you used to I guess?

When I filled up on Tuesday I was surprised to find that it was still 117.9p per litre at our local Tesco.

When I filled up on Tuesday I was surprised to find that it was still 117.9p per litre at our local Tesco.

I remember when it was a £1.00 a gallon driving.gif

I can remember moaning when it went up to 3s:6d a gallon; but then I have still got my petrol coupons from the Suez crisis. I should try to forget really - what's the point of torturing myself?

becuase you get less for your £. I used to be able to get by with £25 a week, but now i have to stick £30. not might seem much but that is an extra £20 a month, £260 a year. and wiht my insurance premium going up since moving its just suddenly becoming quite expensive to own a car, hence the reason why i complain about petrol price hikes.

I'm sure Noah was happy to pay such a low price... :P

Hello...

Irony

(from the Ancient Greek εἰρωνεία eirōneía, meaning hypocrisy, deception, or feigned ignorance) is a situation, literary technique, or rhetorical device, in which there is an incongruity or discordance that goes strikingly beyond the most simple and evident meaning of words or actions. Verbal and situational irony is often intentionally used as emphasis in an assertion of a truth. The ironic form of simile, or the irony of sarcasm or litotes may involve the emphasis of one's meaning by deliberate use of language that states the direct opposite of the truth, or drastically and obviously understates a factual connection.

I'm just wasted here :D

I'm just wasted here :D

Then come back when you've sobered up . . . . . . :rolleyes:

Cycling into work 3 days a week now, saves me about £10 a week on Diesel...+ passing all those stationary cars queuing in the mornings and evenings is so nice... Cycle lane is always clear....Well until someone decides to use it as a passing lane  :censor: :censor:

Cycling into work 3 days a week now, saves me about £10 a week on Diesel...+ passing all those stationary cars queuing in the mornings and evenings is so nice... Cycle lane is always clear....Well until someone decides to use it as a passing lane censored.gifcensored.gif

What's the word ?

Oh Yeah,

SMUG... yahoo.gif

Cycling into work 3 days a week now, saves me about £10 a week on Diesel...+ passing all those stationary cars queuing in the mornings and evenings is so nice... Cycle lane is always clear....Well until someone decides to use it as a passing lane censored.gifcensored.gif

What's the word ?

Oh Yeah,

SMUG... yahoo.gif

Or worse............ Green :crybaby: