Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Rims + Immense Drop!

noedel

It looks great really with this immense drop, it is just not very practical with the ****ty roads we have.

P.S. Do I see onitsuka tiger shoes? I have exactly the same! :thumbsup:

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• noedel

• KPARRIS-JONES

• andycam06

• BRIDGES

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its too low and obviously causing you problems, I will never understand why people do this, it doesnt look good it looks broken.

How can this ride height cause the fact that the cat ran over?

If she wouldn't have hit my pieces of bottom plate (cause of hanging so low) she would definately have hit my wheel, and die.

Damage isn't so bad, everything is back into place.

And i do this because i like nice looking cars.

Thought of lowering it one more cm, now i can go everywhere i want, but one cm lower will be a problem with speedbumps for sure.

It looks great really with this immense drop, it is just not very practical with the ****ty roads we have.

P.S. Do I see onitsuka tiger shoes? I have exactly the same! :thumbsup:

Hehe thanks.

And about the ****ty roads: ask scotty from this forum how the Belgian roads are, he drove here some months ago.

I have to watch out on highway for some dips in the asphalt etc :P

PS: they are simple Asics :P

EDIT: Just had a call from the body shop!

The edited t-sport front bumper will be done next week!! B)

Grtz

Its too low and obviously causing you problems, I will never understand why people do this, it doesnt look good it looks broken.

How can this ride height cause the fact that the cat ran over?

If she wouldn't have hit my pieces of bottom plate (cause of hanging so low) she would definately have hit my wheel, and die.

Damage isn't so bad, everything is back into place.

And i do this because i like nice looking cars.

Thought of lowering it one more cm, now i can go everywhere i want, but one cm lower will be a problem with speedbumps for sure.

Its simply a matter of personal opinion, I prefer function over form and lowering cars this much on UK roads is for form over function, I just dont understand it, when I say it looks broken I mean it looks like the suspension is broken, dont take offense its just my opinion

Buddy can ou please tell me what rims your friend has on his car, are they bbs?? And i dont suppose you have some more pictures of them?? I love itt!!

Its simply a matter of personal opinion, I prefer function over form and lowering cars this much on UK roads is for form over function, I just dont understand it, when I say it looks broken I mean it looks like the suspension is broken, dont take offense its just my opinion

Yea i understand for sure, no problem mate ;)

Buddy can ou please tell me what rims your friend has on his car, are they bbs?? And i dont suppose you have some more pictures of them?? I love itt!!

The wheels are bbs lm (but replicas of them :P)

Here a pic (he is now on air ride btw)

img0666e.jpg

Grtz

Yea i understand for sure, no problem mate ;)

The wheels are bbs lm (but replicas of them :P)

Here a pic (he is now on air ride btw)

img0666e.jpg

Ahh that car looks beautiful!! do you possibly know what size they are?? am looking to get a set of them

i also love your car, looks great, i take it you have coilovers, if so, what make and where did you get them from??

Huz

Grtz

Also, this is out to anyone, when buying a set of alloy wheels does the offset and rim width matter, cos im looking at these rims and wondering if they will fit my 2005 corolla

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130408289164&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Thanks

Huz

Well, offset and rim width matter for sure.

Stock offset is 45 with corolla E12 wheels.

The less offset, the wider they'll come out.

So, to avoid rubbing, the offset should be between 35 - 45 ;)

Width is also important, because, if u have got very wide rim, which won't stick out more then stock wheels, they'll go wider to the inside, and rub your suspension.

The rims u linked, the bbs rm, have got offset 33 (so they will come 12mm wider then stock).

They are only 6.5J wide, that's good, but they are kinda small, only 15" :P

The space between tire and arch won't be pretty then i guess.

Grtz

Also, this is out to anyone, when buying a set of alloy wheels does the offset and rim width matter, cos im looking at these rims and wondering if they will fit my 2005 corolla

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130408289164&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Thanks

Huz

Well, offset and rim width matter for sure.

Stock offset is 45 with corolla E12 wheels.

The less offset, the wider they'll come out.

So, to avoid rubbing, the offset should be between 35 - 45 ;)

Width is also important, because, if u have got very wide rim, which won't stick out more then stock wheels, they'll go wider to the inside, and rub your suspension.

The rims u linked, the bbs rm, have got offset 33 (so they will come 12mm wider then stock).

They are only 6.5J wide, that's good, but they are kinda small, only 15" :P

The space between tire and arch won't be pretty then i guess.

Grtz

Thanks for the help, excellent explanation, I now understand, but what does the 6.5J mean??? and could you possibly tell me the what this value is for stock wheels

Thanks once again

Huz

Thanks for the help, excellent explanation, I now understand, but what does the 6.5J mean??? and could you possibly tell me the what this value is for stock wheels

Thanks once again

Huz

6.5J is the width of the wheel.

Stock width is between 5J and 6J i think (but i'm not sure).

I have got 17" wheels on my corolla, 7J wide, offset 38, goes perfect ;)

Grtz

Today i ordered some yellow headlight foil, but i'm gonna use it on the foglights in the edited t-sport front bumper ;)

The t-sport bumper should be finished this friday! :D

Grtz

that car with the deep dish rims look niiicee, euro styling on a jap car pulled off nicely and its dropped loww

that car with the deep dish rims look niiicee, euro styling on a jap car pulled off nicely and its dropped loww

Yea he is nice, but, he's on air ride (and my opinion is: drive it like you show it, air ride is for pussies :P )

He wanted to buy the sideskirts and rear bumper spoilers too, but i'm glad he didn't, that wouldn't be nice as "euro-style" on a jap.

Grtz

Yea he is nice, but, he's on air ride (and my opinion is: drive it like you show it, air ride is for pussies :P )

He wanted to buy the sideskirts and rear bumper spoilers too, but i'm glad he didn't, that wouldn't be nice as "euro-style" on a jap.

Grtz

Cheers for the explanation about the wheels

I totally agree with you, the spoiler and side skirts would ruin the euro look, looks <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>in sweet as it is!!!

Normally the front bumper will be finished this friday.

When picking it up, i think i'll ask a price to edit the boot a little ;)

Plans: fill up the wiper hole, clean the rear toyota logo, repair the holes behind my numberplate (Here you can see what i mean, thanks to the 1st owner), and fill up the key hole ;)

Preview:

foto0168g.jpg

Grtz!

Normally the front bumper will be finished this friday.

When picking it up, i think i'll ask a price to edit the boot a little ;)

Plans: fill up the wiper hole, clean the rear toyota logo, repair the holes behind my numberplate (Here you can see what i mean, thanks to the 1st owner), and fill up the key hole ;)

Preview:

foto0168g.jpg

Grtz!

Looks awesome buddy, love the de-badged, smoothed look man, did you do that your self???

I assume your ride is on coilovers?? which make??

Huz

he has kw coilovers i think they are called,

would look well lad, alot of work as i said to get rid of the toyota Badge and i was thinking about getting rid of the key hole and then it went out of my head and i totally forgot, cant wait to see this bumper B)

Yep my coilovers are from KW,variant 2.

And indeed, the picture shown above is the plan with it ;)

And about the front bumper, bad news.

Bodyshop couldn't finish it last friday, and they got 2 weeks vacation now, so it will have to wait untill half august :(

Grtz

When posting the previous post, i received one package, the yellow fog foil arrived :P

Tried it immediately.

Thought to change the fogs quickly from under the front, but thought wrong.

Had to take off the whole front bumper to change the fogs :P

Here some pics (wasn't full dark yet outside)

dscn1545.jpg

dscn1546.jpg

dscn1547.jpg

dscn1549.jpg

Edit: some more pics ;)

dscn1552.jpg

dscn1554a.jpg

dscn1557.jpg

Grtz!

Don't wanna get a topic full of pics, so i attached it now.

Here a possible idea / plan for next year! ;)

post-78656-127957330998_thumb.jpg

Question.... Why yellow?

Question.... Why yellow?

Because yellow is an old JDM style lense colour. ;)

Not keen myself, hate it when people have HIDs and then have yellow fogs/standard fogs, but that Is my opinion on the matter

Keep up the good work on the build :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links