Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Rims + Immense Drop!

noedel

Here the thing i waited for, more then a month! :thumbsup:

Had a 50mm drop on my KW coils, in combination with my stock t-sport wheels.

Fitted the new 17" rims this morning, with the 195/40/17 tires on.

There was a bit of a bigger gap between the wheel arches and the wheels.

So, lowered it even more. 70mm all around, + the drop because of the smaller wheel diameter (wheel diameter is 3cm smaller then with stock wheels, so with these new wheels i dropped even 15mm more).

In total: 70mm coils drop + 15mm "wheel size drop", means 85mm drop total B)

Pics say more then words, so here they come!

foto0064n.jpg

foto0058x.jpg

foto0059r.jpg

foto0060ar.jpg

With a friends lowered rolla:

foto0065n.jpg

And with another friends not lowered Ford Fiesta:

foto0067b.jpg

Have only got 4cm on the lowest point now.

Comments are welcome! :thumbsup:

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• noedel

• KPARRIS-JONES

• andycam06

• BRIDGES

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jesus theres not much clearance with the picture taken under the car!! I must say i love your rims dude sweet as. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Jesus theres not much clearance with the picture taken under the car!! I must say i love your rims dude sweet as. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Thanks ;)

The only thing i'll do next is put a t-sport front bumper on it.

It's waiting for painting in my garage.

When that's done, the car is finished for me B)

nice job lad but iam confused, did you not have a tsport bumper on your car the other day ?

or am i going lula :unsure:

well wheels look the job and she is on her knees :laughing: , nicceeeeeeeeee

you just could not have that in ireland though, you would have the sump cleaned out of it on the first day :(

that is some drop thought, fair play, what else you got planned ?

edit; i rote this while you were replying to bridges, so thats clears up a few things :thumbsup:

nice job lad but iam confused, did you not have a tsport bumper on your car the other day ?

or am i going lula :unsure:

well wheels look the job and she is on her knees :laughing: , nicceeeeeeeeee

you just could not have that in ireland though, you would have the sump cleaned out of it on the first day :(

that is some drop thought, fair play, what else you got planned ?

edit; i rote this while you were replying to bridges, so thats clears up a few things :thumbsup:

Haha it's ok.

The t-sport bumper is still unpainted now.

So u're not going "lula" ?? :P

Well actually, the bumps and holes in the roads are terrible too here in Belgium.

May sound crazy, but that's just the fun of tuning here! :P

Also scraped 5 times, only today.

Grtz

aw no, on the 1st day, are you like me and cring every time you hear it scraping :(

Actually not anymore, now it's more the other people who scare from it.

Scraped one time next to some guys who were working on the roads.

All their 6 heads, turning to you at the same time, hilarious :lol:

And most of the times it's just some plastic scraping under the engine, nothing bad actually ;)

aw no, on the 1st day, are you like me and cring every time you hear it scraping :(

Actually not anymore, now it's more the other people who scare from it.

Scraped one time next to some guys who were working on the roads.

All their 6 heads, turning to you at the same time, hilarious :lol:

And most of the times it's just some plastic scraping under the engine, nothing bad actually ;)

wells thats true, usually the engine cover, i hate when it happens me though, iam like a little girl and start crying every time it happens :crybaby:

i realy love that want mines lower now and

did you mess the front bumper urself how easy was it ?

wells thats true, usually the engine cover, i hate when it happens me though, iam like a little girl and start crying every time it happens :crybaby:

Oh, i'm just 20 now, and i'm already over that period :P

i realy love that want mines lower now and

did you mess the front bumper urself how easy was it ?

How u mean, mess the front bumper? :)

Oh, i'm just 20 now, and i'm already over that period :P

oh i dont think i ever will :wacko:

well the wheels are rubbing a good bit on the front arches and iam handeling that ok so iam getting there :thumbsup:

well the wheels are rubbing a good bit on the front arches and iam handeling that ok so iam getting there :thumbsup:

To be honest, last summer, when i had my 17x7 lenso's on, with 205/45/17, it also rubbed alot (in combi with the 50mm drop then), got a hole in the front arch both sides :lol:

That's why i took smaller tires on my wheels now.

But as i said, arches weren't filled very well, so that's why i lowered it like it is now (didn't regret it yet).

Maybe u should also take smaller tires ;)

did you mesh the grille? i ment sorry

Oh, yes i did, tried to, but didn't work out very well.

There are 3 holes each side in the bodywork, to make the original mesh fit... (u can see it when u look very good on the 2nd pic above this topic)

Was planning to put the original mesh back on, but with the t-sport bumper coming, i decided not to :P

To be honest, last summer, when i had my 17x7 lenso's on, with 205/45/17, it also rubbed alot (in combi with the 50mm drop then), got a hole in the front arch both sides :lol:

That's why i took smaller tires on my wheels now.

But as i said, arches weren't filled very well, so that's why i lowered it like it is now (didn't regret it yet).

Maybe u should also take smaller tires ;)

well i went for bigger alloys to fill the arches instead of getting coilovers, may still get the coilovers to stop me from crying

iav 225/40/18 so shes a pretty big tyre :yes:

we will just have to see how far the funds stretch :P

looking good bro...the rims are really nice and i think they suit the car really well.

The drop looks sweet but that is loowww lol

Looks sweet man nice to see some people going real low so they can't get over the bumps ha one of the nicer looking corollas!!

Looks great, lowering has to be first on my list along with Apexi Power Intake. That is crazy low though, are you in the UK? Not sure I'd get away with that round these parts, some car parks and even my driveway will be too steep to get on.

looking good bro...the rims are really nice and i think they suit the car really well.

The drop looks sweet but that is loowww lol

Thanks! The drop is more to fill the arches better, cuz of the smaller tires ;)

Looks sweet man nice to see some people going real low so they can't get over the bumps ha one of the nicer looking corollas!!

Wow, thanks for that :lol:

Looks great, lowering has to be first on my list along with Apexi Power Intake. That is crazy low though, are you in the UK? Not sure I'd get away with that round these parts, some car parks and even my driveway will be too steep to get on.

No i'm in Belgium, other side of the water :D

But, believe me, the roads are a HELL!

(but that's just the fun of it :P )

No thats a proper drop! it looks sweet, your mates looks sweet too. none of this 30 40 mm nonsence.

Im running 50\25 tein spring kit on the same size tyres and alloys combi as you have got, i have alot of problems catching on speed bumps alloys never catch on the arches though. What catches is front tow hitch catches, spolier, mudflaps, exhaust, and there is two bits that run down each side of the cars floor they catch all the time. get a passenger or anyone in the back and its ten times worse.

Joel

There's plenty of clearance! Go lower! :lol:

Looks brilliant mate, nice ones, the colour of the rims really goes well. :yes:

No thats a proper drop! it looks sweet, your mates looks sweet too. none of this 30 40 mm nonsence.

Im running 50\25 tein spring kit on the same size tyres and alloys combi as you have got, i have alot of problems catching on speed bumps alloys never catch on the arches though. What catches is front tow hitch catches, spolier, mudflaps, exhaust, and there is two bits that run down each side of the cars floor they catch all the time. get a passenger or anyone in the back and its ten times worse.

Joel

Already tried with my sister next to me, mum and dad in the back, doing some bumps. Trying very slow the 1st time.

Exhaust line under the back seats did scrape a bit, but when i'm only driving with 2 persons inside, it's ok ;)

Yea indeed, i don't rub the arches either (which i like :P )

There's plenty of clearance! Go lower! :lol:

Looks brilliant mate, nice ones, the colour of the rims really goes well. :yes:

No, i really don't lower it more (or maybe just for some meetings), it's nice as it is :D

blimey thats low!

You might end up scraping the bottom when you go round corners quick!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links