Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Roadside Assistance Moved From Rac To Aa

AygoYugo

Today (29th March 2010) we've just received a letter from Toyota dated 18th March.

It informs us that the free roadside cover for our 9 month old Blue will move from

the RAC to the AA from 1st April, until the car is 12 months old.

Extending it will cost 59 pounds but we won't bother with that. If I do anything

at all, I will find something a bit cheaper than three times the road tax.

We signed up to Autoaid - £37 a year for both of us in any car we are in. It is an insurance policy so you pay for the call out then reclaim, but feedback I've read has been positive.

But club Toyota is more about the £59 for recovery. There are additional benefits and discounts that you wont get by shopping around, it also includes Homestart AND European cover

Kingo :thumbsup:

Maybe it is just me but Homestart is something I feel is worthwhile because I just don't trust the Aygo's puny car Battery near the end of its life. Having said that, I do hang off it a 50w transmitter that draws up to about 12amps.

Hi, received my letter today as well, for what you get £59 is not bad, I thought when the car is a year old I will look around but decided to look now and found for the coverage you get it would cost a lot more than we pay via Toyota Club.

regards

johnhrh

My letter came on Friday, I was quite surprised to see it had changed to be honest, with no explanation of why! Anyway I'm sure the AA are excellent should I ever need them. I'll probably stick with Club Toyota after my 12 months is up, it's just handy to know I've got the support if it's needed. Only thing is, (and I'm being really picky here!), the new Club Toyota cards they sent through seem pretty tacky compared with the originals - very bendy indeed! :P

I'm not worried about Homestart on my car because if it breaks down outside my house I will be calling the Toyota garage and telling them that it needs picking up.

I'm not worried about Homestart on my car because if it breaks down outside my house I will be calling the Toyota garage and telling them that it needs picking up.

.....and they will charge you to come out!

You can get an instant online quote from Green Flag.

They have quoted me £46.20 for Rescue Plus.

CLICK FOR GREEN FLAG

No long distance cover (how far is long distance? 10 20 50 100 miles???) and no European cover, fine if you dont need it, but club Toyota does give you lots of other discounts too!

No long distance cover (how far is long distance? 10 20 50 100 miles???) and no European cover, fine if you dont need it, but club Toyota does give you lots of other discounts too!

I bought my car to get to work - it's never done more than a five mile journey.

When I go to Europe I take a plane or a more substantial car.

No point buying stuff I don't need, that's why I cut my cloth accordingly.

.....and they will charge you to come out!

Yea I know, but the discussion later would be if I should pay to have my vehicle recovered when it's a failure of a warranty part that has caused me to incure these costs. Not a guarantteed result but a start to the discussions and negotiations that would follow. Of course if it turned out to be an issue with something I had done to the car I would have to pay the costs.

I received this email from the AA today:

Breaking down on a motorway or deserted country road is something every

driver dreads. Add to this the unexpected costs for recovery and suddenly

an annoying situation can turn into an expensive nightmare.

That's where the AA can help.

AA Membership is available from just £28 until 30th April, so now is the

perfect time to get covered, ready for the Easter break and beyond.

If you're not an AA member, breaking down can be expensive:

Over £60 on average for a garage call-out for a flat battery/puncture/running

out of fuel plus labour charges on top.

Up to £180 for a recovery.

The cost of a motorway breakdown without AA Membership could be as much as £350.

With many different levels of cover to choose from, you

can get breakdown assistance to suit your needs.

Join the AA today by CLICKING HERE or by calling 0800 980 8943.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Using that link, the equivelent cover to Club Toyota is £100

Roadside assitance, relay and home start, £100

Apparently the AA are going on strike :-/ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8607621.stm

Still, hopefully our Aygos won't need their assistance for a while (if owners are with the AA or Club Toyota) :D

They are only if the fourthcoming talks do not result in any change to their pension scheme or something...

If they do strike I imagine they will have a contingency plan whereby they use other recovery garages or the Highways Agency to deal with breakdowns from its members :thumbsup:

Apparently the AA are going on strike :-/ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8607621.stm

Still, hopefully our Aygos won't need their assistance for a while (if owners are with the AA or Club Toyota) :D

They are only if the fourthcoming talks do not result in any change to their pension scheme or something...

If they do strike I imagine they will have a contingency plan whereby they use other recovery garages or the Highways Agency to deal with breakdowns from its members :thumbsup:

It has now been agreed that a series of 48hour strikes will take place if the company dont make an effort, which it is looking like they arent.

First strike the company have had in 105 years of running.

we've just bought a new Skoda too - that comes with 3 years of full european cover - really impressed! - that said I've not bought any breakdown cover for about 10 years so if I ever have to pay for a call out etc i'm still quids in :)

Spoke to Toyota GB today

Apparently Toyota owners with Club Toyota cover will be offered "alternative breakdown and recovery services" in the event of any strike action by the AA.

Of course.............No Toyotas will need such services ;)

Spoke to Toyota GB today

Apparently Toyota owners with Club Toyota cover will be offered "alternative breakdown and recovery services" in the event of any strike action by the AA.

Of course.............No Toyotas will need such services ;)

I read your comments and as I work for the AA I thought I would respond and hopefully clarify. We are still working very hard to resolve the dispute, but if the strike goes ahead, we have lots of measures in place to ensure that all our members are looked after and not left stranded at the roadside. We will have a large number of our patrols working as normal as the majority of patrols either voted against the strike, didn’t vote or aren’t members of the union. If you break down during this period, don’t hesitate to give us a call on the usual numbers - 0800 88 77 66 or 0121 275 3746.

I don't know of a final salary scheme still open to members that DOESNT have a deficite :eek: The Motor Trade scheme that I have paid into for years went !Removed! skyward a long time ago, you think you have worked hard and will get a half decent pension only to find it's worth two toots on a ragmans trumpet!!!

AA vote went as follows

• 1155 voted yes to strike (57%)
  • 864 voted no to strike (43%)
  • 87% turnout
  • Only 48% of those balloted supported strike action

I have no idea how the Highways Agency will recover any cars, they don't have recovery vehicles themselves.......do they???

I think Club Toyota is great value for money and have renewed it the past 3 years. For £59 I don't think you can get equivalent cover anywhere else. Roadside cover alone isn't much use if your car doesn't start when you're at home! Plus you get the club magazine which is really good (how sad am I?! :yes: