Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Accident!

Captain_hook12

Out of pure stupidity, reversed into a stationary Isuzu trooper today, the rear bumper of my T3 is slighly scratched, but the Isuzu was very badly damaged, the front bumper is pushed into the car and that broke the radiator as a result. so i am slightly surprised by stiffness of my T3. anyways, first accident ever, shall i call my insurance company, or shall i pay the repair for both cars out of my own pockets, in which case is likely to cost £700 plus. i am not sure how much my premium will go up because of this, will it ever go down again? :crybaby: so fellas, please help.....

Sorry to hear that mate, if it's just a scratch then I'd just leave yours no need to spend money unnecessarily. And I assume the other person knows about it?

Ask him to get some quotes if possible and show you a reciept or something to avoid scamming you money. Then depending on the cost then I'd just pay cash and sort it yourself instead of going through insurance.

Again, it depends on your age and insurance history, but with me being young I've had to pay the consequences of a previous accident for the past 2 years on my insurance..and it certainly ain't cheap lol.

thanks mate, i told the guy exactly the same thing, hopefully he will come back to me with a price quote not too unreasonable. how much higher your current premium has gone up just want to have an idea, does the record stay with you forever?

thanks mate, i told the guy exactly the same thing, hopefully he will come back to me with a price quote not too unreasonable. how much higher your current premium has gone up just want to have an idea, does the record stay with you forever?

If he comes back with some figures which you are happy to pay - i would be prepared with a letter or note saying somehthing along the lines of " I _____ owner of a ______ Isuzu troooper registration _____ agree to take payment of £____ in lieu of damage caused by ______ in a Toyota Corolla on _____ at _____"

Just so he doesn't try and come back at you later.

Agree with the above, did that in another previous accident (wasn't my fault) lol. And most insurance companies tend to ask for any previous accidents/claims regardless of fault in the past 3 YEARS. So after 3 years I assume you won't have to declare it anymore.

Not sure how much my premiums went up exactly, I bought my TS afterwards and declared it on that so can't say for certain. But in my opinion, if your young or your already paying more than a grand for insurance on your T3, then I'd try to avoid an insurance claim unless the fella comes back with a ridiculous quote that you can't afford. I thought it was the best thing to do at the time cos I had a big accident, sure premiums were still reasonable for the SR I had, but when I decided I wanted something more and get a TS, only one or two insurance companies were interested, and at a big cost lol.

So if your planning on getting a better car in the future (which I'm sure you will sooner or later), then avoid claiming at all costs.

Hopefully the repairs won't cost that much... :unsure:

many thanks guys, lots of good advice! i think the Isuzu chap was alright so yeah, fingers crossed

Out of pure stupidity, reversed into a stationary Isuzu trooper today, the rear bumper of my T3 is slighly scratched, but the Isuzu was very badly damaged, the front bumper is pushed into the car and that broke the radiator as a result. so i am slightly surprised by stiffness of my T3. anyways, first accident ever, shall i call my insurance company, or shall i pay the repair for both cars out of my own pockets, in which case is likely to cost £700 plus. i am not sure how much my premium will go up because of this, will it ever go down again? :crybaby: so fellas, please help.....

Talking about stiffness, some woman smashed into the back of my T3 on the dual carriageway, she didn't see me braking, sent me in a half spin, her brand new Seat Leon front end was totalled, mine, just a new rear bumper, was totally amazed how solid the Corolla's are!!!

Amazed how sturdy the Corollas are. I backed into a post , got out to inspect the damage, nothing.

Hate to be a misery but I think that if you do not tell the insurance company of any accident/damage relating to your vehicle they could declare the policy void in the event of a subsequent claim.

theres a massive black cloud over disclosure of accident details and what not. what ever you do, cover your back as much as possible.