Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gen 6 St205 (Jdm) Engine Management

OMJAN

Hi guys was wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this:

car starts, drives ,idles and sounds fine however every now and then the engine management light comes on and stays on, turn the car off and the light will usually go off .... not always!!! its a jap model but i always fill up with either v power or tesco 99. any suggestions would be great coz i really dont want to have to pay a spark to come and have a look.... cheers and luv the forum btw

Hi mate,

check the car for error codes, link on my sig.

off the top of my head i'm going to take a guess at it being low level in your charge cooler and it'll just need topped up, you'll need to use the same kind of coolant thats in the system already, it should be toyota's own finest 'forlife' coolant. doesn't cost any more than ordinary coolant so might as well use it.

if your looking for a good garage to do work on the car i'm in one most days in Kilmarnock, just drop me a PM for details

• Like 1

Hi mate,

Sounds like you need to check the error codes.

With the engine off, lift the bonnet and you'll find the diagnostic box near the passenger side suspension turret. Open it up and using a bent paperclip push one end into terminal TE1 and the other end into E1, now turn the ignition on so that the dash lights illuminate, do NOT start the engine. The engine management light will start flashing, if it flashes constantly then no eror codes are stored. As an exmaple: if it flashes 5 times and then pauses and then flashes 4 times then you have code 54. If it then does another sequence then you have more than one code stored.

Try it and report back with what you findings

HTH

• Like 1

Just wasted 2 minutes of my life typing that out now :rolleyes: :D :D :D

nice one lads ,il check it 2moro. im gona see if i can get maccess to order the 4 life liquid , theyre always cheap and il need it at some point.... if they cant im guessing any maindealer can supply it? ive not actually got my car just now :( one of my mates is changing my knackered gearbox for a nice newly refurbished one :yahoo: but thanks for the offer of garage :D il need to wait to check for error codes but this kind of knowledgeable help is always appreciated ..... keep it coming!!!! :thumbsup:

main dealers keep it in stock mate, hope you get back on the road soon, a gearbox change is a :censor: of a job

Ive recently had my gearbox changed, along with a new clutch and steering rack. My mechanic did it in 10 hours and thats after fitting the whole lot twice as the clutch wouldn't engage properely, oh yeah and he did it with the engine in place too :yahoo:

Cost me just short of £600 with VAT.