Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 Iqs Have Adjustable Seat Height?

mattzilla.london

Hi all

I've been considering upgrading from an Aygo to an IQ for quite a while now, and finally got down to the showroom today to have a good look.

Immediately discovered a problem with height though, in that anyone over about 6'2 will hit their head on the ceiling of the car!

I mentioned this to the salesman, and he told me that new 2010 IQs DO have adjustable seat height but only on the driver's side. He said it's only been on the new IQs they've had delivered in the last few weeks, but they didn't have one at the dealership they could show me.

I just wondered if anyone has had taken delivery of an IQ recently that has this feature? And if so, how much can it be adjusted by?

If I could make the driver's seat 2 inches lower I'd be sold, pending a comfortable test drive of course!

Any help appreciated.

Matt.

Hi all

I've been considering upgrading from an Aygo to an IQ for quite a while now, and finally got down to the showroom today to have a good look.

Immediately discovered a problem with height though, in that anyone over about 6'2 will hit their head on the ceiling of the car!

I mentioned this to the salesman, and he told me that new 2010 IQs DO have adjustable seat height but only on the driver's side. He said it's only been on the new IQs they've had delivered in the last few weeks, but they didn't have one at the dealership they could show me.

I just wondered if anyone has had taken delivery of an IQ recently that has this feature? And if so, how much can it be adjusted by?

If I could make the driver's seat 2 inches lower I'd be sold, pending a comfortable test drive of course!

Any help appreciated.

Matt.

Mine is late 2009 model but first registered in January 2010, so I don't think all 2010 cars are what they say they are.

**Non subscribed advertisement removed**

Hi all

Any help appreciated.

Matt.

Hi Matt,

Been in and out of my local Toyota dealer last couple of weeks, and the showroom car doesn't have height adjustable seats, plus when i asked a couple of different dealers, one scratched his head, the other didn't know 'but they might do' was the response!!

Not to say they won't come into the new model, but that showroom hadn't heard of this new addition.

Hi all

Any help appreciated.

Matt.

Mine is late 2009 model but first registered in January 2010, so I don't think all 2010 cars are what they say they are.

**Non subscribed advertisement removed**

That means it's a 2009 and does NOT have it.

The height problem with the iQ I have found if you are 6'+, is the handle on the inside above the driver's door.

I am 6' 1" and every time I turn my head to look to the right at a junction or wherever, I smash my head into the handle. I had a very definite bruise for the first three weeks, so I have had to wrap it in a thick sock - I still bump my head, but no bruising.

Perhaps the testing was only done by a 5' 3" Japanese test driver?

I'm 6'2", and have no problems at all. :huh:

Are you lot sitting to far forward, or too upright?

Try pushing the seat back. :rolleyes:

I'm 6'2", and have no problems at all. :huh:

Are you lot sitting to far forward, or too upright?

Try pushing the seat back. :rolleyes:

Not sure to whom your questions are directed?

However, seating position when driving is highly individual, too close for one, is too distant for another. One therefore chooses the most comfortable position, married to the most tactile interface with pedals and steering wheel, all crucial to one's sense of overall control. It is not possible to move the seating back further/closer and still retain that same feeling of comfort and vehicle command, a few centimetres either way can make a huge difference.

If I find seating position X is perfect for me, then why should I be forced to move it to position Y? The motorist should never have to compromise on anything that impacts potential driving safety, because the vehicle's internal design dictates.

If I find seating position X is perfect for me, then why should I be forced to move it to position Y?

Because your head hits the roof, for example....... :P

If I find seating position X is perfect for me, then why should I be forced to move it to position Y?

If that were the case, then the car would be too small for the driver (if the seat height could not be adjusted vertically), and would have been picked up during the test drive. Some time ago I test drove a Chrysler Crossfire and even with the seat right back, it was just too confining to drive any distance, so I didn't buy one. Only a plonker (or a turniphead), would purchase a vehicle that didn't allow them to drive in complete comfort with no concessions. The market is awash with hundreds of different makes and models, make another choice.

Unfortunately though, many things only manifest themselves over time and cannot be identified in a ten minute test drive, which is why I typed;

'The height problem with the iQ I have found if you are 6'+, is the handle on the inside above the driver's door.'

So I am uncertain why you have cited the roof?

You either didn't read my original post properly, or you have never been inside an iQ?

Which is it?

If that were the case, then the car would be too small for the driver (if the seat height could not be adjusted vertically), and would have been picked up during the test drive. Some time ago I test drove a Chrysler Crossfire and even with the seat right back, it was just too confining to drive any distance, so I didn't buy one. Only a plonker (or a turniphead), would purchase a vehicle that didn't allow them to drive in complete comfort with no concessions. The market is awash with hundreds of different makes and models, make another choice.

Unfortunately though, many things only manifest themselves over time and cannot be identified in a ten minute test drive, which is why I typed;

'The height problem with the iQ I have found if you are 6'+, is the handle on the inside above the driver's door.'

You either didn't read my original post properly, or you have never been inside an iQ?

Which is it?

Somebody on this thread mentioned the roof. That was just an example.

I can't understand why you think I'm having a go at you, I'm merely suggesting that ANY person (particularly the originator of this thread)that has a problem first tries all the seat/sterring wheel positions. A compromise on forward or back movement would be better than banging your head maybe?

.....and, yes, I do own an IQ, that's why I'm on an IQ forum. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Everythin depends on how tall your legs and the rest of your body is... I'm 1.76m but I have long legs regarding to my heigth and feel ok without Adjustable Seat Height.

Which is it?

Somebody on this thread mentioned the roof. That was just an example.

I can't understand why you think I'm having a go at you, I'm merely suggesting that ANY person (particularly the originator of this thread)that has a problem first tries all the seat/sterring wheel positions. A compromise on forward or back movement would be better than banging your head maybe?

.....and, yes, I do own an IQ, that's why I'm on an IQ forum. :rolleyes:

Yes, the OP cited the roof, but you quoted me not them.

I clearly stated what issue I am having, so your response was misplaced.

Driving position is highly individual and if it is uncomfortable/painful, having moved the seat forward/back/up/down to compensate, control is compromised, don't buy/drive it. Your focus is the carriageway ahead, not your sore head/neck/lower back/whatever.

Back in August last year I read an article saying that the IQ seat height could be set as required prior to delivery of the new car. When I asked the salesman he was not aware of this (and not very interested), he jokingly said use a cushion - not appreciating I meant lowering. On a lighter note we get shorter as we age so the IQ is something to grow into.

Yes, the OP cited the roof, but you quoted me not them.

I clearly stated what issue I am having, so your response was misplaced.

:chair:

-_-

• Haha 1

Hi Mattzilla,

I'm 6 4 and having the same problem as you. Love the car, but need another 50mm. Very surprised to see no height adjustment. Checking with dealer here re new version with height adjustment. As yet, cant be confirmed or denied. Doesn't really surprise me with such a big organisation as Toyota. Anyone out there who can confirm definitely, that a new model with adjustable height drivers seat exists? A picture of, would be great. I smaller model of me doesn't exist, so please help. :eek::eek::eek:

I've had my new iQ3 for 3 weeks and the seats have no height adjustment. I've also had a quick check around the WWW and can find no reference to any upgrade for the seats happening.

In the Netherlands it's listed in the new folders.

Thanks a million for that! There is still hope :yahoo:

If I can track down a picture or a copy of the Dutch brochure, I'll be able to convince my dealer!

Has to be available in Ireland before the end of the year!

:yahoo:

Thank a million to you all!

Quality information, but now I have more questions!!!!

Is this seat in all new models, or just the Luna or some special delux model?

Down loaded the Dutch brochure and understood 10% of it. What page is the bit about the seat on?

Toyota Ireland web site is still running the old brochure, with only white/black/purple iQs.Yet they have red ones in stock. The Dutch site lets me look forward to Blue aswell!!!

Aslong as i can get that adjustable drivers seat in the cheapo model.

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

IQ3 Auto Reg Apr 10 (UK) has adjustable height drivers seat, not on passenger side.

Rgds