Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2010 Iqs Have Adjustable Seat Height?

mattzilla.london

Hi,

I've just come back from my local Toyota dealer, and can too can confirm that the IQ2 I played with had a height adjustable drivers seat.

It looked good in the new metallic blue as well!!

In Japan, the leather seat package come with a height adjustable seat.

Not sure whats the deal in Europe tho...

I've just been down to local dealer today and sat in a new iQ - it had adjustable height seats. The rep told me they have only just started to see these come through so I would expect there to still be quite a few cars with non-adjustable height in stock. So check before you buy.

On the fit - I am 180cm tall (6foot) and found the adjustment good. It lower the rear end of the seat more than the front ,which helps supporting the thighs. Still I need to mind my head as I step out of the car.

• 5 weeks later...

I have recently purchased a 2010 IQ2 (last week) and yes it does have height adjustable seats. It arrived as low down as possible and it was far too low for me...i could hardly see out the window. I'm not that tall (5'8)but im a girl so im doing ok. So i needed it adjusted up quite a bit. I guess you wont know until you try one so i'd wait for the 2010 models to come in as demo (if that ever happens) and test drive one then.

• 4 weeks later...

The iQ2 in my local dealer's showroom had height adjustment on the driver's seat and I'm sure the iQ3 demo did too. I'm 6'1" and if I sat up straight my head touched the ceiling in the front passenger seat, so I was glad of this adjustment on the driver's seat.

I traded my white iQ2 for a new blue one :thumbsup: 2 weeks ago and have height adjustable seat.

Apparently you get that now instead of the glovebag. I haven't used the height adjustment, seems pointless to me unless you are excessivey tall. I am 5ft 6 and my husband 6ft and both found the old iQ perfectly adequate without the adjustable seat.

I asked to keep my glovebag, I didn't realise how much I would miss it, and it finishes the look today. I couldn't stand the blank panel with 4 press studs showing and I find the glovebag useful for all my paperwork, purse, etc as there is such a lack of storage in the car.

I traded my white iQ2 for a new blue one 2 weeks ago and have height adjustable seat.

Apparently you get that now instead of the glovebag.

I asked to keep my glovebag, I didn't realise how much I would miss it, and it finishes the look today. I couldn't stand the blank panel with 4 press studs showing and I find the glovebag useful for all my paperwork, purse, etc as there is such a lack of storage in the car.

I noticed the glovebag didn't come with any of the 2010 models and tried to get the dealer to include one, but they were having none of it because it's part of the iConnect pack now (Bluetooth). At the price of all the iQs and with the lack of storage, Toyota could have at least included the glovebag. I've found some on eBay for around £78.

From a security view Im not a fan of the glove bag - luckly for me I never use the rear seats so 100% folded - thus the bit betwwen the seats turns into huge rear glove bag :)

my iq is oct 09, it never came with a glove bag either.

• 9 years later...
On 4/13/2010 at 8:37 AM, 2ndGear said:

Back in August last year I read an article saying that the IQ seat height could be set as required prior to delivery of the new car. When I asked the salesman he was not aware of this (and not very interested), he jokingly said use a cushion - not appreciating I meant lowering. On a lighter note we get shorter as we age so the IQ is something to grow into.

I have often wondered how comfortable six-footers are , in many cars. The maximum height that I grew to, was 5 feet 7.5 inches.

Now , 80 years old , I have shrunk by 2 inches, which really kicked in at about 70 years old.

I have just bought an iQ2  2011 for fun, and am really enjoying it ( as well as the comments ).

My long-distance car being a Volvo XC70.

Be polite in your comments , chaps. None of us are here for long.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 4/13/2010 at 2:25 PM, niwabc said:

I am 6' 5" (long legs) and fit in ours fine. (Adjustable driver seat height)

Which year IQ is yours?

9 hours ago, John Pascal said:

Which year IQ is yours?

Niwabc last visited the Club 12 years ago, so you're unlikely to receive a reply.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links