Do Not Sell My Personal Information

High Petrol Consumption - Avensis T4

Richie04

Bought a new Avensis T4 1.8 multidrive in August 2009. This is the 4th Toyota car I have owned but very disappointed with the petrol consumption which is averaging between 31 and 33 mpg. No obvious reasons for high consumption so reported fault to local dealer who has agreed for car to be checked out. Can other T4 owners share what their mpg average is as a comparison?

Hi,

I just changed the clock in my car to summer time and I noticed the computer indicated 6,2 liter/100 Km since new, which is ~16 Km/liter.

Profile is mixed town/motorway, and I think that's rather good for the weight and size.

In Mpg this would equate to 37 Mpg.

Mine is a 6-speed manual though.

31 - 33 Mpg is not brilliant, but still reasonable for an automatic, I've seen worse figures.

You don't say under what conditions you are driving but a feel those figures are not too bad.

I have the 2000cc engine and I get slightly less in town but obviously far more on the motorway :yes:

I think for a multidrive that they aren't bad figures, they might have a high output for a 1.8 but the power is at the top of rev range and it's all those gear changes automatics makes unnecessarily make the mpg poor.