Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Easydrive

dave97

I have a 2010 1.33 Yaris with an Easydrive gearbox.

When I am in a traffic jam the car jerks a lot in bottom gear. When it changes up to second it is OK.

This is very diconcerting and dangerous and means I have to keep a good distance from the car in front.

I took it back to the garage and the mechanic said it is normal for an easydrive bo. He said there was no way it could be adjusted.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Also at the moment the car only does 30 miles to the gallon. Will this get better as the car wears in or is there a problem?

Dave

I have a 2010 1.33 Yaris with an Easydrive gearbox.

When I am in a traffic jam the car jerks a lot in bottom gear. When it changes up to second it is OK.

This is very diconcerting and dangerous and means I have to keep a good distance from the car in front.

I took it back to the garage and the mechanic said it is normal for an easydrive bo. He said there was no way it could be adjusted.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Also at the moment the car only does 30 miles to the gallon. Will this get better as the car wears in or is there a problem?

Dave

Did you test drive the same model prior to buying this one? If it didn't do the the same thing, take yours back and complain.

Hello,

I'm using a Yaris 1.4 diesel also, with multi-mode transmission. It's the 2008 model. It's written somewhere, in the manual, that when the 1st gear is engaged, it may rattle or make noise.

Also, when you push the brakes heavily, the gearbox finally engages the bottom gear, which, for a driver, it's unusual as when you hit the brake, you also hit the clutch pedal to disengage the gearbox. I guess it's more a management software problem. Over all, I disliked the behavior of this gearbox, as it is erratic and strange sometimes. I did not expected such from an "automatic" gearbox.

I also had problems with that gearbox. I'm from Romania and do to heavy traffic condition others Yaris owners complained about this gearbox type as well. The service has the clutch kit changed because it was faulty and very often the gearbox disengaged and switched to neutral. It was very unpleasant and even dangerous, especially during over running another car or in the middle of jammed intersections in the city. The service men had to change it finally because of repeated complains and especially after taking legal action against Toyota and it's car dealer.

I believe Toyota makes good cars, but this type of gearbox is relatively new and, of course, it still undergoes the process of being tested, on the customer expense... I also believe that here, in Romania, Toyota is represented by a firm that has nothing to do with Toyota's quality slogans..., but this is from another dimension :)

Hello,

I'm using a Yaris 1.4 diesel also, with multi-mode transmission. It's the 2008 model. It's written somewhere, in the manual, that when the 1st gear is engaged, it may rattle or make noise.

Also, when you push the brakes heavily, the gearbox finally engages the bottom gear, which, for a driver, it's unusual as when you hit the brake, you also hit the clutch pedal to disengage the gearbox. I guess it's more a management software problem. Over all, I disliked the behavior of this gearbox, as it is erratic and strange sometimes. I did not expected such from an "automatic" gearbox.

I also had problems with that gearbox. I'm from Romania and do to heavy traffic condition others Yaris owners complained about this gearbox type as well. The service has the clutch kit changed because it was faulty and very often the gearbox disengaged and switched to neutral. It was very unpleasant and even dangerous, especially during over running another car or in the middle of jammed intersections in the city. The service men had to change it finally because of repeated complains and especially after taking legal action against Toyota and it's car dealer.

I believe Toyota makes good cars, but this type of gearbox is relatively new and, of course, it still undergoes the process of being tested, on the customer expense... I also believe that here, in Romania, Toyota is represented by a firm that has nothing to do with Toyota's quality slogans..., but this is from another dimension :)

Thanks for relling me of the similar problems you had with your Yaris Easydrive.

I rang the Yaris help line and they transferred me to the UK's Head Office.

They said they would contact the dealer I bought the car from and will get back to me some time next week

Dave