Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speed Limits

exon16m

i dunno about other palces but in aust they can do u for going 3km/h over the limit. fuc**ng pigs.

and the thing is that after like 2 yrs off this the death rate has not gone down. they just taking all our cash.

i remeber when i first got my liscence i used to get up to sooooo much more ****. now they are like gastapo.

Its all a money scam... the best proof is the insurance companies, in the uk you can have several offences for speeding and it wont change your premium. Surley they will be the first to react if Speed does cause accidents.

drop the current 30 to 25

keep the 40

raise 60 to 70

raise 70 to 90

remove all cameras

and then . . . if caught by police for speeding no points - just instant 1 year ban

keep the 40

raise 60 to 70

raise 70 to 90

remove all cameras

and then . . . if caught by police for speeding no points - just instant 1 year ban

Hmm, nice idea...

I think ALL residential streets (ie. houses with no seperation from road) should be 20mph.

- that said, any 'main' road with houses on, should have safety barriers, and designated 'pelican crossings'.

Access roads to residential streets are fine at 30/40mph (inc with barriers)

40/50mph on country roads only if nessacerry.

60mph limit fine, but fast main A-roads should go up to 70mph.

Dual carrigeways should be 80mph.

Motorways should be 90mph limit, but with variable speed (like the M25) for bad weather/heavy traffic.

Speed cameras only in places like Schools/town centres with low speed limits, remove all cameras on 40mph+ roads.

Speed everywhere else enforced by police (actual police cars, that have to clock you and pull you over).

If caught speeding (the above limits), then 1 month ban for 1st offence, 2 month for second, 3 month for 3rd, and 6 months for 4th (within 3 year period). - no fines.

If caught driving during 'ban' period, then 1000 quid fine and car crushed immediatly.

If caught driving without insurance, car crushed, with minimum 1000 quid fine (max 10000), failure to pay means 1 month in prison.

If caught drink-driving, simple, one of your fingers removed...

interesting views and I must say I feel that the current situation concerning speed camera's and there operations is god damn awful! I recently purchased Road Angel and I know for a fact it's saved me on a few occasions, I cannot recommend them highly enough!

Although I was driving in front of someone in my old nissan micra, heavily modified with bodykit, ice etc etc and did stand out in a flipped white to blue paint job, some idiot decided he would stick up my ***** all the way through from a 60 into a 40, then into a 30 and as we entered the 30mph I looked in my mirror lost sight of his headlights, he was so close and then a mobile camera was just after the 30 and they got me! Road angel did it's job and warned me, but by that time it was too late! 5 years clean license gone in a second........... I know I should of pulled over, but it's like letting them win, wish I did know though!

There has been talk of increasing the motorway speed to 80mph, I think that will certainly help people keep their license clean who do a lot of motorway driving.

Braking the speed limit in 30mph roads with housing either side is not on as you could seriously hurt someone if a child runs out in front of you. I'm not for the removal of speed camera's but they should only operate on dangerous, fast roads and ones that have previous for road traffic accidents.

I think roads of possibly 40mph+ when people have gone 5+ over the limit and have been caught, a little more common sense should be used, as with my case I tried to explain the situation but go no where!

My advice, if you want to keep your license clean and more importantly not loose it, get a road angel!!

Kev

keep the 40

raise 60 to 70

raise 70 to 90

remove all cameras

i like this but what about minimum of 70mph and unlimited speed in outside lane on moterways when conditions and situation permits. also i think that maybe the 30 limits should go even lower than 25 ... 20mph maybe ?

and lets get rid of Ken the toss**'s congestion charge whilst where are at it... if thats not a scam i dont know what is. if the idea is that people pay the charge and its not to catch them out with a fine then why dont they charge automaticaly... thay already have the card details????

Bring in, minimum distances between cars, ie if your too close to the car infront a camera clocks you and you get penalised for it, that way on the motorway they could easily increase the limit! :thumbsup:

The new T25 Subaru Impreza comes with a bulit in Speed Camera detector! This is a brillant idea and I hope more manufactures follow suit as it is the first real step at fighting back at these money making things!

I my own opinon they should inforce a 30 limit in residential areas and apart from the there shouldnt be a limit at all on other roads. Make the driving test a little more stricter and let the motorist make up there mind on quick or slow they should drive! Makes sense to me!

Nick :thumbsup:

Not being a limit of roads would be a crazy idea, just think of all the people who would fly along at 120 etc, when other people were doing 70, you would never be able to move lane on the motorway! the system would be open to abuse. I dont think it would work

Good point!!!

(Its gotta be said though, there transport infrastructure is a damn site better than ours, and there Autobahns are wider and more accustomed to those speed)

Interesting question ....

I would be happy to see the speed limit raised to 80 on the motorways. The current 70 is outdated - introduced when cars were less suited to high speeds - modern brakes in particular mean that in 'normal' conditions driving at 80 on the motorway is not dangerous - and most people already do so.

Personally I think policing should be less strict on speeding when the conditions mean it is not really dangerous - (empty motorway at dawn)

Hopefully in the future speeding in residential areas will be looked upon in the same light as drink-driving now is - most people nowerdays wouldn't even think about drink-driving but too many will still ignore a 30 mph speed limit which is clearly there for a good reason.

I saw on the news this evening that they are removing a couple of hundred of cameras across London. I for-see there are several possible motivations for this:

Satisfy public opinion (unlikely)

Prove there effectiveness, by removing them in areas where they are needed in streets around London to justify more cameras.

Justify a penalty rise on the remaining cameras

Any more ideas why they would be removing cameras, I don’t for one minute believe it to be unmotivated

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links