Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mk3 Supra Wont Start

gav77

so head gasket blew striped down head skimmed new gasket fitted all back together again. No start timing is on the marks fuel getting to spark plugs and its got a good spark but no fire checked all wires and vacuum pipes all good no faults on dianostics good compression now i'm at a stand still any help please 7m-gte turbo 1990 :ffs:

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe you have something up with your ECU? I doubt you have an immobiliser on a car of that age. :lol:

Are you sure you have compression? Read of all fault codes to see if there is anything up with it. :)

• 1 month later...

Hi Mate

The same thing happened to my car. The head gasket blow and the whole engine was rebuilt.

I tried to start the car and went into a world of problems. NOT starting up, or not firing etc.

This is what i did. There is no point spending shed loads of cash to get someone else to do this when you can.

The common place to look at is the spark plug connectors.

A) make sure they are plugged in correctly

B) Make sure that the spark leads are going to the correct plug and the sequence is correct.

C) Make sure that the timming is correct. This is done on the timming belt and cams etc.

D) Check for the obvious.... loose connectors, bad leads etc.

I was checking everything and it took me ages to get my car started and running.

But, it was something very simple - as explained above.

Do you have the haynes manual ? I have other manuals etc if you need further help etc. Just let me know.

Forgot to also say.... make sure that you Battery is fully charged.

And, have you shorted the connectors on the diagnostics block ?

And good luck...

:thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

first off is it a manual or auto

sometimes the neutral start switch is over looked down under the inlet manifold side of the engine on the auto's

its a group of connectors about 4 in total of the top of my head

make sure all these are connected firmly

try the MKIII Specific forum at www.mkiiisupra.net

all very Knowledgeable and owner divers of all versions for many years and the biggest source of info and support this side of the pond

any other faults does the engine crank at all

if it does crank but not firing check the 4 pin connector to the CPS as most are a bit crispy now and holding bad connections

the ECU needs to read a signal from the CPS to start the fuel pump

any other help find me on the above forum

Oliver

• 2 months later...

so head gasket blew striped down head skimmed new gasket fitted all back together again. No start timing is on the marks fuel getting to spark plugs and its got a good spark but no fire checked all wires and vacuum pipes all good no faults on dianostics good compression now i'm at a stand still any help please 7m-gte turbo 1990 :ffs:

Did you move the Cam Position Sensor when you had the cams out, I have the same problem Great spark and plenty of fuel but all at the wrong time, ie: not at TDC

Now the hard bit is getting someone to tell us is how to set the dam thing up as the Haynes manual dose not help in any way.

I am passing this on as I have just found out myself that this could be the problem I hope this helps.

Bill D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links